Technical Illustrator IV at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Strategic Operations (StratOps) Strategic Support Unit, consists of Washington DC Operations, Marketing & Communications and Strategic Development. The StratOps team promotes and elevates the business within our markets, works with customers and competition to influence and drive the growth of Ball Aerospace and facilitates collaboration across the business enterprise to increase opportunities.
Technical Illustrator IV
Ball Aerospace is seeking a Technical Illustrator IV to join our Marketing & Communications department. The position will support marketing, branding and new business projects for both internal and external facing projects.
The Marketing & Communications Department works collaboratively across Ball Aerospace and our stakeholder community to increase our profile in the market. This position is based in Broomfield, CO.
What You’ll Do:
- Create new or update existing marketing and branding materials for internal and external use, such as brochures, trade booth designs, advertising, employee communications, events, posters and more.
- Analyze and decide the best way to illustrate technical data and concepts for business proposals, program reports, hardware specifications, user manuals, white papers and other documentation.
- Develop data plots, tables, infographics, functional block diagrams, technical graphics, and other illustrations to support business pursuits and processes.
- Interview subject matter experts to understand their technical solutions, then create compelling visual representations – including 2- and 3-dimensional stills and animations – to effectively illustrate their concepts.
- Apply company-specific publication standards, branding elements, style guides, and best practices to create high-quality, Ball-branded professional content in all materials developed.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Branding specialist to ensure consistency of design with Ball branding guidelines.
- Provide additional internal and external communications support, as assigned.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 10 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- BA in Technical Illustration, Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Communications, Marketing, Business, Data Analysis/Visualization, or Computer Science preferred.
- Exceptional visual communication skills.
- Expertise in illustrating technical documentation.
- Experience working under brand guidelines.
- Attention to detail, organized and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to engage with technically minded subject matter experts, grasp key concepts, and analyze and distill information into technically accurate, understandable visual representations of data.
- Experience with, and the ability to, collaborate and coordinate with individuals and teams at all levels, including senior-level executives.
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously, under deadline pressure with fast turnarounds.
- Ability to work well with people as well as independently, and with little or no supervision after initial briefing.
- Ability to maintain a predictable work schedule with occasional flexibility for evening or weekend work to meet deadlines, as needed.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Planner, SharePoint, Project and Outlook.
- Excellent skills in Adobe Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Familiarity with 3D software, such as Maya or SketchUp.
- Familiarity with Visio.
- Ability to identify and implement visual design elements to improve readability and understanding.
- Ability to apply information mapping concepts to organize complicated topics.
- Ability to incorporate accessibility considerations for those with disabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills, new products or technical knowledge; stay current on new trends, ideas, technologies.
- General interest in science and technology preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $89,000 - $120,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.