Strategic Communications Lead at Zoom Video Communications
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoom is seeking a senior, highly strategic lead to manage its communications activities surrounding complex incidents, as broad ranging as geopolitical to employee to platform security. They would also run point on communications around corporate events such as M&A, investments, and strategic hires. The ideal candidate has seen it all and done it all, able to apply their deep experience to anticipate issues, assess issues, and rally colleagues and resources to react appropriately.
- Identify and assess major incidents or events, and quickly spin up an effective communications strategy that accounts for our key audiences, channels, and messages
- Collaborate cross-functionally to get ahead of and scope issues
- Ensure accurate and timely public and private response
- Manage across and down - work with agencies and colleagues to execute strategy, including materials, plan, timeline, and so forth
- Manage up - brief executives and board of directors on sensitive issues, obtain buy-in on strategy
- Engage with media on sensitive inquiries, or instruct agency on media tactics
- Guide spokespeople to engage internal and external audiences appropriately
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of response and adjust as necessary
- Debrief and report on incidents
- 12+ years direct experience in crisis communications and managing major strategic communications events, such as regulatory and legal matters, social and political incidents, security and privacy matters, employee incidents, M&A, investments, executive arrivals and departures, and so forth
- Experience working cross-functionally with government relations, legal, compliance, security, and other key departments
- Ability balance risk vs. reward of opportunities and quickly make sound decisions in the best interest of the company
- Vigilant, able to identify risks and second/third order consequences of decisions that others might overlook
- Set a level-headed and calm tone, but an urgent pace, in the face of challenges and opportunities
- World-class written communications skills
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence and work with senior executives
- Highly adaptable - Ability to shift priorities, activities, and mindsets to keep pace with rapidly changing and growing environment
- Excellent delegator - Zoom moves quickly and you're a team of one for now, you'll need to lean on your colleagues and agencies
- Bachelors Degree
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .