Guild is hiring for a Sr. PR Manager, Academic Partnerships to join the public relations team and focus on managing partner PR strategy and execution for the Learning Marketplace. In this role, you’ll develop a communications strategy and help create and maintain a favorable public image of current and future academic partners by communicating the value of their programs, services and institution through external communication channels. You will also hone the public image and communications priorities of Guild’s Learning Marketplace. You’ll work internally across teams in the Learning Marketplace, Marketplace Delivery, Marketing and Comms, as well as externally with academic partners and learning providers like SNHU, Brandman University, Penn Foster, Paul Quinn College, Voxy and a rapidly-growing number of institutions to strategically enhance their brand through their offering with Guild and secure positive media coverage.
As a Sr. PR Manager, Academic Partnerships you will work across a concentrated set of partners to:
- Develop and execute a communications strategy for Guild’s Learning Marketplace and its academic partnerships
- Build and manage ongoing relationships with academic partner communications teams
- Serve as the point person for the Learning Marketplace team on Guild’s communications team
- Contribute to brand alignment and thought leadership encompassing our academic partners and executive team
- Develop and collaborate with academic partners on media strategy, draft and review press releases/blog posts, draft messaging, compile media lists, build relationships with higher ed and HR trade journalists, and pitch and secure media coverage
- Support new partner launches and program expansion announcements alongside Employer Partner PR
- Build an academic partner strategy for speaking engagements and awards
- Work with the content marketing team and employer partner PR to source and develop student stories for local and national media; help publicize a regular cadence of inspiring student stories
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Learning Marketplace, Employer Solutions, Marketplace Delivery, Storytelling, Marketing, Analytics, Guild Senior Leaders and others across the organization
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of external communications/PR experience
- Strong account management experience
- Client-facing presentation and relationship building skills
- Excellent written skills
- Experience building and executing successful PR strategies
- Passion for storytelling (bonus if you’re familiar with the education tech/future of work landscape)
- A creative mindset to always bring new ideas to the table and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $140,000-$160,000 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth