Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Our Sr. Director, Product Marketing is responsible for directing a product marketing team that sets the marketing thought leadership strategy and messaging and executes go-to-market plans to ensure the success of one or more product lines in the Mainframe Business Unit.
Manage a product marketing organization to accomplish the following for one or more product lines:
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis
- Size the market opportunity
- Develop go-to-market plans, incorporating activities related to awareness, customer acquisition and retention, and lead generation
- Develop a business case and pricing strategy
- Drive the launch strategy
- Gather and analyze product performance, operational metrics, and win/loss analysis
- Write white papers and speak at industry events
- Develop collateral and sales tools, including presentations, demos, and competitive write-ups
- Develop thought leadership and key messaging for the Mainframe business unit and executive management
- Business travel of approximately 25 percent yearly is expected for this position.
Skills & Competencies
- Typically 10 years experience in product marketing, field marketing or sales operations in companies with $1B+ revenue. Software industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in business or technology field. An MBA is preferred.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of multiple fields of technologies to complete significant and complex assignments.
- As an expert in their field, uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to effectively convey information to a wide variety of internal and external audiences, write and deliver quality presentations that are adjusted to the level of the audience receiving, and the ability to understand business and technical materials; effective skills also include active listening and the ability to modify communication style to suit the listener.
- Thought leadership and messaging expertise, including expert level presentation / powerpoint skills and speech writing.
- Capable of leading cross-functional teams, requiring subtle influence without authority.
- Negotiates resources and deliverables across the organization, initiates communications and provides constructive feedback to the team.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.