Sr Director, Marketing
Senior Director – Brand & Messaging
Looking to join the leader in hybrid cloud data services? To empower customers to change the world with data? NetApp, a Fortune 400 company, seeks a proven leader to help us increase impact and amplification of our brand by leading our brand, messaging, editorial, customer story and sponsorship functions.
- Directly reporting to the VP of Brand, Content & Influencer Marketing, you will develop and execute NetApp’s brand strategy through your direct management of our brand, messaging, editorial, customer story and sponsorship programs globally.
- Drive messaging strategy and operations for the company, specifically our company narrative and three Business Unit marketing squads.
- Produce the corporate narrative and drive messaging process, guidelines and brand positioning framework.
- Partner with creative lead to develop brand guidelines for the visual and verbal brand identity in accordance with the brand positioning.
- Oversee global brand campaign (creative strategy, messaging, content strategy & plan, brand stories, media, field engagement) with clear goals and measurements of success.
- Train geo partners and agencies to evangelize brand strategies and guidelines.
- Direct annual brand measurement process to measure brand familiarity, category performance, message pull-through and identify future trends.
- Drive brand architecture and portfolio naming strategy and process in partnership with Business Unit leads.
- Direct customer story program to produce all Business Unit reference requirements in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
- Drive thought leadership platforms, programs and editorial plan in alignment with Corporate & Executive Communications team; partner with social team, executive briefing program and content teams for maximum content leverage.
- Direct sponsorship program management, including sponsor relationship, field engagement and activation.
- Determine success measurement of programs under management, including both internal and external measures. This includes building operational processes that can scale to corporate-wide transformation efforts.
- Manage a team of 15+ employees, creative agencies and key contract resources.
We are looking for a seasoned candidate who has successfully led Corporate Marketing brand and messaging teams at B2B technology companies.
- 15+ years of marketing experience with demonstrated success in B2B Brand management and messaging for a high-tech portfolio (cloud and software preferred)
- Executive-level communication skills with emphasis on influence, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Proven leadership abilities managing a distributed team
- Strong ability to collaborate with others for success in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with aggressive growth goals
- Capable of creating strategies for success and managing the execution of those strategies through tactical plans, especially those which cross- functional and geo boundaries.
BS/BA degree or equivalent related experience 15+ years -- plus add additional experience requirements needed if you were to fill an open requisition, i.e., knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.