South Asian Brand Lead
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television. Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a passionate, energetic and flexible individual to join our International Business Unit, a team that operationalizes, markets, and sells international media programming packages, available in over 20 language groups, within the United States.
The South Asian Brand Lead will be responsible for developing marketing strategies and tactics designed to grow and retain subscribers of South Asian language programming packages for both DISH and Sling TV. The South Asian ethnic market includes all language groups like Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Urdu, Kannada, Bengali, Marathi as well as Cricket programming. Cricket will be one of the main segments s/he will be responsible for and is also one of the largest market segments within our business. An energetic marketer with relevant cultural expertise is required to help accelerate growth within this segment.
The scope of the role may include but isn’t limited to developing and managing brand campaigns and plans catered to the South Asians within the US. S/he will work cross functionality across the team and the enterprise with key stakeholders to ensure all International business unit requirements are met, and initiatives can be launched on time and within budget.
S/he should be comfortable working autonomously in a fast paced environment, taking the initiative, managing multiple reporting requirements and relationships with key stakeholders, and working to find creative solutions as needed.
- Develop brand campaigns and creatives for both DISH and Sling’s South Asian and Cricket business.
- Manage South Asian and Cricket marketing budget and spend to predefined objectives and KPIs
- Own South Asian culture expertise in assessing campaign and creative strategy and effectiveness and liaise with marketing analytics to establish campaign measurement and results reporting
- Manage external creative and marketing agencies for campaign and tactic delivery
- Liaise with internal team members (digital, direct, grassroots) for campaign delivery
Skills - Experience and Requirements
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university AND 5 years of relevant experience. MBA a plus but not a requirement
- Understanding of the Indian media and content landscape and experience in a marketing, content or programming role focused on the South Asian ethnic market is required
- Language skills in one or more South Asian languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam (fluent verbal and written comprehension) is required
- Understanding of marketing metrics, including reach, frequency, ROI and CPA is required
- Excellent MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills along with attention to detail and ability to work with numbers and data to produce meaningful insights is required
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively with senior executives and other business units to form strong cross org and cross enterprise wide relationship