Social Media Manager
MakeMusic is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our marketing team! We are a company of musicians and music lovers working to provide excellent music software to our customers. Our products include Finale and SmartMusic.
The Social Media Manager increases brand awareness, drives prospects to MakeMusic websites, and transforms customers into evangelists by distributing delightful, valuable content, addressing customer support issues, and engaging influencers via paid and organic social media presence.
As Social Media Manager, you will:
- Drive eyeballs from social media domains to our websites
- Grow, nurture, and engage a large community of customers, prospects, and influencers across social media platforms and product lines
- Handle customer support issues on social media as necessary
- Distribute content in support of departmental content strategy
- Manage our social advertising budget
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Collaborate with the Content Manager to develop content based on social listening
- Monitor, track and report on social campaign effectiveness
We're looking for:
- SMM Platforms: Proficient with any number of social media management platforms (Hootsuite, Sprout, etc.)
- Campaigning: Experience creating and leading successful Facebook advertising campaigns; skilled in conversion and retargeting campaigns
- Full-funnel Approach: Experience with full-funnel approaches to social media marketing as this position requires working with the entire marketing team to integrate social content and interactions with department strategy
- Writing Skills: Ability to communicate on a daily basis with our audience through a variety of social media platforms
- Related background: Experience with and/or background in a related field such as education or music
It'd be great if you also had:
- Intimate knowledge of the music education industry
- Strong grasp of customer service tactics
- Rock-star ability to conceptualize and execute social content
- Some experience creating and designing visual content specifically for social media (memes!)
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires. Increases in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust with option of working remotely 1-2 days/weeks
MakeMusic is an industry leader in interactive music learning, notation software, and virtual instrument technology. MakeMusic joined TrainingPeaks, Alfred Music, and TrainHeroic under the umbrella company Peaksware in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Peaksware has been recognized as one of Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work" six times and was voted #15 of 100 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list! Through a unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions and provides services focused solely on their respective markets to help guide people along their own journey of improvement and skill development.
SmartMusic is an award-winning interactive music software that provides a deliberate practice environment for students in band, orchestra, and choir. With a subscription to SmartMusic, students have unlimited access to the world’s largest accompaniment library for all ages and skill levels, which includes thousands of pieces of music.
Most of the employees at MakeMusic are musicians and are passionate about both the work they do and the products they produce!