Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
Xero is a cloud-based business platform that delivers its product and services via the Internet. Small business makes the world go round – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll make an impact
Social media is a critical function within Global Communications, the team responsible for Xero's brand and reputation across the globe.
We're on the hunt for a creative and entrepreneurial thinker who is excited to help execute our social media strategy. To be considered for this role, you'll need intimate knowledge of various social channels, especially Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. You'll be highly skilled at producing and delivering content across each of these platforms, and have an affinity for engaging with our customers and partners in real-time.
The successful candidate will join Xero's fast-paced Global Social Media team and have a ferocious appetite for all things social. Our crew are passionate advocates for a #beautiful social experience – building, nourishing and supporting our global community makes us tick. As our Social Media Manager for the Americas, you'll be dedicated to championing small business, accountants, bookkeepers & ecosystem partners. You'll use your creative smarts to incubate and execute ideas that amplify our unique brand and wow our community.
No day is the same at Xero – we believe small business makes the world go round, and we seize every opportunity to support them on their journey. Xero's Social Media Managers play a vital role in collaborating with our regional marketing and communications teams to deliver quality content and campaigns to our growing community.
You'll work alongside our talented HUB (internal design team); Marketing, Analytics, Online Sales, photography/video team, product marketing, PX and more to deliver on exciting and ambitious campaigns. You'll also be an active listener across all of our channels, interacting with our community and feeding back any highlights, concerns, or other information to the relevant teams in Xero. You'll have a keen eye for creative engagement opportunities, and also know how to spot a potential issue a mile away (and advise on how to manage it).
What you'll do
- Manage incoming brief traffic and assignment schedule. Work with teams across the business to understand and respond to, design and shape briefs with clever, creative solutions.
- Collaborate with global and regional teams to design content and opportunities that support our key themes, business outcomes and goals.
- Create and deliver high-quality creative solutions at volume and velocity – social media content and tactics that support, bolster and drive business outcomes. You'll manage the workflow with the social media team based in multiple geographical regions to ensure our campaigns flow seamlessly from our global brand to our global audience.
- Support and facilitate conversations within our thriving communities across all channels.
- Seek out opportunities to create your own social campaigns or jump into trending topics as and when they arise.
- Become a Xero storyteller who brings customer stories to life across our social channels.
- Create and craft exceptional copy and content across a range of media. Your work could include social media posts, blogs, articles, surveys, presentations, annual reports, and award applications.
- Utilize our analytics and measurement tools to deliver comprehensive reports that can be shared with stakeholders, the board and third parties, as needed.
- Pitch in on everything from the flotsum and jetsum of running busy social media networks and editing your own copy, to owning and project managing campaigns, to heavy discussions about the future of social networks or the handling of product or company changes that impact our customers.
What success looks like
- Plan and structure content and campaigns for multiple channels that comply with our brand and best practice.
- Form sound relationships with regional marketing teams, Producers, UX designers, design team, regional marketing leads, product marketing team, PR/Comms and Marketing to ensure our campaigns achieve their goals.
- Building content and tactics that get us noticed and talked about.
- The maintenance of our well-nourished and active communities
What you'll bring with you
- Plain English writing and editing for social media
- Fundamentals of social networks
- Building collaborative working relationships
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Management of analytics tools
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to collaborate effectively with geographically dispersed teams
- Campaign marketing and social media
- Writing social copy at pace
- Adhering to style guides, templates and other compliance tools
- Managing social media for events large and small
- Building projects and collaborating with multiple teams a plus
- Customer or community experience an advantage
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of the next chapter of the Xero success story.
At Xero, we encourage diversity, foster innovation and celebrate success. We're offering a competitive remuneration package and a supportive and fun work environment that encourages you to take ownership for your career and 'do the best work of your life.' To peek inside Xero and see what we do check out #dobeautifulwork on twitter or instagram.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.