Social Media Lead at PopSockets LLC
Social Media Lead
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. We’ve since sold more than 200 million grips and expanded our portfolio to include a broad range of empowering, expressive, and fun products. We aim to build an Eternal Positivity Machine—an adaptable global brand that makes an increasing positive impact on the world every year.
- Be the social platform and audience specialist, leading the team in all new tools and analytics capabilities across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest and other platforms.
- Develop, lead creation and manage editorial calendar, creative storytelling and cadence to drive growth of followers, engagement and sales across key social channels.
- Lead a team of channel specialists and community managers, ensuring that all publishing, creative, content, copy and community responses ladder up to brand / product strategy and standards.
- Build and execute upon a social media strategy, leading platform prioritization, copy and messaging development / publishing, community management and re-posting initiatives across owned and partner social channels.
- Collaborate daily with brand marketing, CSR, influencer, PR and paid media and creative teams including:
- Identifying stories/initiatives to highlight and when / how
- Scheduling content strategically throughout the month
- Working closely with creative team and external agency to develop social assets
- Routing content for approval from internal partners
- Be responsible for community management strategy, scheduling and execution.
- Align content plans with paid distribution strategy.
- Lead on-the-ground social media efforts at PopSockets and other industry events
- Maintain relationships with social media platform partners and stay up-to-date on new tools and products.
- Understand, monitor and predict trends and use them to inform social content and strategy
- Deliver detailed reporting and measurement on a daily (during campaign flights), weekly, and monthly basis.
- Translate social sentiment and engagement into strategic insights that help inform marketing and paid media decisions.
- 5+ years prior experience creating social media strategy and content, with proven track record for audience growth, preferably across IG and TikTok.
- Passion for social media space and fueled desire to innovate and achieve audience development goals.
- Educated eye for creative that performs well on social media and ability to brief ideas and work collaboratively with in-house creative team and partners.
- Ability to set long term strategy.
- Knowledge of how consumers use existing and merging platforms.
- Thrive in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- In depth knowledge of Facebook, SnapChat, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and other platforms
- Experience executing and managing best in class social media practices.
- Ability to lead a team of channel and community managers.
Salary range for the role is 80-120k base, based on experience. Plus Bonus
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.