Sling TV Content Marketing Lead - Brazil
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a passionate, energetic and flexible individual to join our International Business Unit as a Marketing Lead - Brazil. Our team operationalizes, markets, and sells international programming packages, with a portfolio of over 20 language groups, within the United States.
The Marketing Lead - Brazil will be responsible for developing marketing strategies and tactics designed to acquire, retain and monetize subscribers of Brazilian language programming packages for both DISH and Sling TV. The Brazilian ethnic market is unique within our business and an energetic brand marketer with Brazilian cultural expertise is required to help accelerate growth within this segment. This position will report to the Sr. Brand Manager - International.
The scope of the role may include making recommendations based on customer insight supporting content acquisition and retention, and developing and managing brand campaigns and plans catered to the ethnic Brazilian market within the US. You will work cross functionality across the team and the enterprise with key stakeholders to ensure all International business unit requirements are met, and initiatives can be launched on time and within budget.
You should be comfortable working autonomously in a fast paced environment, taking the initiative, managing multiple reporting requirements and relationships with key stakeholders, and working to find creative solutions as needed.
- Along with the Sr. Brand Manager - International, develop brand plans, campaign & creative. Development and management for both DISH and Sling’s Brazilian business.
- Own Brazilian culture expertise in assessing campaign and creative strategy and effectiveness.
- Manage marketing relationships, co-marketing activities and spend with Brazilian programmers.
- Liaise with internal team members (digital, grassroots, marketing analytics) for campaign goal setting, delivery, measurement and reporting.
- Manage external creative and marketing agencies for campaign and tactic delivery.
- Manage Brazilian marketing budget and spend to predefined objectives and KPI’s.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
The Right Stuff
- Experience in a marketing or content role focused on the Brazilian ethnic market is required.
- Brazilian Portuguese language fluency (verbal and written comprehension) and thorough understanding of the Brazilian community and consumer behavior is required.
- Strong communication skills (effectively communicate with senior executives/business partners) and collaborative/team work skills are a must.
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university AND/OR 2 to 4 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA a plus but not a requirement.
- Problem solver with results orientation and understanding of subscription metrics, including reach, frequency, ROI and CPA, is a plus.
- Excellent skills with productivity tools (MS Office/Google Docs) and attention to detail are desirable.