Title of Role: Shopper Marketing Coordinator
Department: Retail Operations
Location: Boulder, CO ½ time remote, ½ time in office
Compensation Range: $55,000 - $65,000Company Introduction
Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix -- for Lawns!)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors and advisors, and following our recent funding raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in FastCompany!
As a company rooted in nature, we deeply understand the benefits of diversity. We work to build a culture that attracts talented people from a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to help us bring lawn care out of the dark ages. We are committed to building an inclusive, vibrant team that brings determination and passion to our work everyday.Job Description
About what you’ll be doing:
As a Shopper Marketing Coordinator for Sunday, you’ll work to support all activations at the retail level to disrupt the lawn and garden category and drive strong conversion in stores. You will turn category and industry insights into strategies and tactics that promote omni-channel shopping and category growth and market share for Sunday and the retail partner. You’ll support brand storytelling at retail to empower shoppers to grow a great lawn with ingredients that are better for people, pets, and the planet.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level of a fast-paced startup, directly impact the company’s trajectory, and be a key contributor to a team that’s changing an industry for the better.”
- As a member of the Retail Team at Sunday, you’ll execute tactics from the shopper marketing plan with national touchpoints with oversight and guidance from the Shopper Marketing Manager. You’ll use data to understand the retailer’s unique target audience.
- Coordinate day-to-day deliverables with agency partners. Provide agency direction and briefs, coordinate creative reviews and production timelines.
- You’ll work with agency partners to execute events at retail store locations that will demonstrate how to use Sunday products.
- You’ll maintain completion status reports for demo events and displays and problem-solve when challenges arise in the field.
- Maintain timelines, including proposals, project estimates, and reports.
- Create reports for tracking campaign performance of marketing activations.
- Coordinate and work with cross-functional teams to deliver against team objectives.
- You’ll identify ways to grow the business at retail and propose test tactics in regions poised for growth.
- Work alongside the supply chain team to coordinate production timelines.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or related field
- 2-3 years marketing experience
- Project management abilities to oversee projects from start to finish.
- Strong understanding of retail marketing and go-to-market strategies.
- Have a growth and expansion mindset as Sunday grows the retail business.
- Compelling storytelling capabilities to deliver stories about our brand and products that inspire and empower shoppers about our new approach to lawn care.
- Flexibility: things are often changing and require innovative solutions in an incredibly fast-paced environment.
- Experience executing promotional tactics including store displays, demo events, digital, media, coupons, print, partnerships and more.
- Experience driving conversion in an omni-channel environment.
- Ability to think creatively and produce results in a growing startup environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills to work alongside cross-functional teams, including: Creative, Supply Chain, Customer Service, and Research & Development. Ability to work collaboratively to achieve mutual objectives as a team.
- Experience building strong presentations that clearly communicate goals, objectives, tactics, and results.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- Prior knowledge or experience in lawns and gardens is not required. We're excited and proud of our new approach to this industry, and thus are looking for talent from a wide range of backgrounds to bring fresh, new perspectives!
- Experience working with retail partners
- CPG experience
- Customer-centric mentality
- Additional skills: Collaboration, communication, troubleshooting, adaptability, self-motivation, critical thinking, brainstorming, data-driven decision-making
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Flexible: remote/in-office work
- Autonomy to make critical decisions that will drive team success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Flexible PTO program
- Access to 401(k) program (direct deposit)
- HQ Location: Boulder, CO Named best place to live by U.S. News for the past 2 years.
Startup jobs aren't for everyone. They’re often demanding, frantic, unstructured, and unpredictable. If you're still interested, tell us why!. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.