SEO Strategist at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor is seeking an experienced, results-driven SEO Strategist who will be responsible for overseeing and developing projects that increase the organic visibility of our website. HomeAdvisor is expanding our SEO investment and this role will have a high degree of autonomy and ownership to help shape SEO strategy and projects. This person will be responsible for translating search strategies and techniques, competitive/market data and business trends into actionable roadmaps. The SEO Strategist will ideate and execute local, mobile, technical and general SEO campaigns across the full HomeAdvisor website. This role will also work cross-functionally with key stakeholders in product, engineering and content to ensure SEO best-practices are applied across the business.
HomeAdvisor is a dual-sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions that will reshape the home services marketplace.
What You’ll Do:
- Translate emerging local, mobile and technical SEO strategies into actionable roadmaps
- Analyze keyword, traffic, user and business trends to gain insight and take action
- Help design SEO experiments and test new strategies and opportunities for growth
- Help scope out, set requirements and provide QA for SEO-driven initiatives
- Lead, manage, and execute SEO projects that involve cross-functional stakeholders
- Grow the business through technical SEO, data analysis, and various optimizations
- Understand each department’s SEO needs and evangelize SEO internally
Qualities we’re searching for:
- Passionate & curious problem solver: someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search, extremely knowledgeable about SEO best practices and trends, and relishes in the analytical and technical depths of the industry.
- Extremely detail-oriented: but can also see the forest from the trees, balancing the intricacies of SEO with the larger company objectives.
- Quantitative and pragmatic: you have a data-driven approach to making decisions.
- Analytical, tactical & strategic: experience building a strategic and tactical plan based on analyzing lots of data.
- High ownership: autonomous and takes pride in your work, has a sense of urgency, and perseveres through difficulty to deliver high-quality results.
- High initiative: An ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and over-delivers on your promises.
- Excellent communicator: ability to clearly communicate and evangelize SEO across all levels, particularly through data.
- Results-driven: Focused on achieving results, setting ambitious goals, and able to prioritize appropriately by understanding the balance of value.
- Innovative: constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel the business.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: works collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience (preferred in quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science/engineering)
- Demonstrable track record of success at driving significant results & business growth.
- 5+ years of in-house SEO experience with an enterprise-level site (i.e. hundreds of thousands or millions of pages)
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience with Omniture/Adobe SiteCatalyst strongly desired
- Statistical background a plus
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This SEO Strategist will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, impactful team, send us your resume to start the conversation.