SEO Content Editor at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor is looking for an experienced SEO Content Editor to join our Search Engine Optimization team. For most businesses, a website is more than just a communication tool, it is a key piece of marketing. For us, HomeAdvisor.com is not only part of our brand, it IS our business. We need someone who thinks like a marketer and edits like a master.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for helping with all aspects of SEO-related content, which means you’ll be editing, but also researching and optimizing, content aligned with company and team objectives. You will be working with a rapidly growing, industry-leading team and brand to produce content that is engaging and satisfies users across multiple access points. You will help with all stages of the content cycle - researching, creating, editing, and publishing - in addition to balancing internal and external stakeholders.
Additionally, your responsibilities will include:
- Editing content to uphold HomeAdvisor’s brand voice/tone, grammatical and factual accuracy, readability, and expertise, authority, and trust.
- Ensuring content satisfies user intent by being insightful, useful, relevant, engaging, and ultimately more helpful than any other content online.
- Helping maintain content standards, guidelines and procedures, including editorial calendars and our CMS as needed.
- Managing writers and timelines.
- Performing relevant SEO workflows and deliverables as it relates to content:
- Keyword Research
- On-Page Optimization (titles, H1s, URLs, etc)
- User Engagement & Experience
- Content Briefs and Audits
- Maintaining clean HTML markup.
Qualities we are searching for:
- Expert editing skills: expert knowledge of the latest AP Style guidelines and best practices for writing online. An eye for the slightest of errors and passion for providing helpful feedback to writers.
- Extremely organized & detail-oriented: balancing the intricacies of Content & SEO with the larger company objectives.
- Efficient & productive: You get a lot of things done, but you get the right things done first and consistently find ways to accomplish more with less.
- High ownership: autonomous and takes pride in your work, has a sense of urgency, and perseveres through difficulty to deliver high-quality results.
- High initiative: An ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and over-delivers on your promises.
- Passionate & curious: someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search, has a basic understanding of core SEO concepts.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: works collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- Excellent communicator: ability to clearly communicate in various forms. Excellent writer, proofreader and editor.
- Results-driven: Focused on achieving results, setting ambitious goals, and able to prioritize appropriately by understanding the balance of value.
- Innovative: constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel our content.
- Demonstrable track record of improving content for the web and a passion for editing, researching and creating content.
- A degree in English, Technical Writing, Communications, Journalism or a related degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered.
- 3+ years of experience with creating and/or editing content for the web.
- Excel experience strongly recommended.
- Experience with Grammarly, plagiarism detectors, Microsoft Word tools or other editing tools preferred.
- SEO knowledge and experience a plus.
- Quantitative and pragmatic qualities a plus.
- UX or UI for SEO experience and best practice knowledge a plus.
- Experience with industry tools and analytics a plus: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Keyword Planner, SEMRush, Ahrefs, WordPress.
- Adobe Creative Cloud (i.e., Photoshop and InDesign) or other image editing software a plus.
- Content Editing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Content
- Image Editing Software (Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Google Search Console, Analytics & Keyword Planner, or similar keyword research tools
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. By creating innovative technology and providing a highly collaborative environment, we have achieved accelerated growth year after year, and have been recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for each of the past 6 years.
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This role will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.