Senior Technical Marketing Manager
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you'll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats. If you want to join an agile company that's building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it's no wonder we've been named a "Top Place to Work" by the Boston Globe for four consecutive years. Join us!
Carbon Black's Marketing team works hard to get the word out about our products and industry intelligence. From digital content to webinars to field events, you'll be working hard to provide pertinent information to our customers and the industry as a whole. You'll leverage research from our Threat Analysis Unit and insights from our customer network to educate the market and show people why our product is better than the rest.
Why You Matter
We're looking for a dynamic Senior Technical Marketing Manager to join our next-generation endpoint security team and help us win in a highly competitive market. This is no back-room, stuck-behind-Google type of job. We need someone who is outgoing, inquisitive, curious, and a seeker of the truth. The work you do will have an enormous impact on our business and our products, first and foremost helping our sales and channel teams continue to win.
The ideal candidate is a fluent technical communicator and understands the dynamic relationship between strategy and product. All candidates must have a proven track-record of collaboration with marketing, sales, engineering and product management. This position is highly visible and in-demand - to be successful you need to be a thinker, a doer, and an evangelizer.
What You'll Do
- Be one of our elite competitive experts, building hard-hitting competitive materials that will influence customers and win deals
- Present competitive research and insight to various teams across the company as a highly visible and in-demand member of the competitive team
- Jump into key deals with SEs to build a competitive strategy and provide hands-on support
- Participate in in-person events and online forums with technical security audiences, discussing innovations in security practices and product development
- Serve as the marketing link to our developer relations team, our threat research team, and our internal security experts
- Work with our content marketers to create tangible content (presentations, videos, webcasts) that connects with the technical audience
- Develop training materials that educate and equip our sales, sales engineering, and channel teams to position our products compellingly
- Contribute to joint marketing programs and support material for technical partnerships
What You'll Bring
- Strong preference for this role to sit in one of the following locations: Boulder, CO, Boston, MA, Palo Alto, CA or Portland, OR but will also consider applicants 100% remote
- 5-7+ years in sales engineering, product management, or technical marketing - with at least one year in technical content development
- Experience working with security, DevOps, or similar technology audiences
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, with a track record of community participation and strong written and verbal skills
- A strong competitive sense - ability to effectively compare and contrast similar cyber-security products, diving deep to evaluate strengths and weaknesses.
- Highly driven - enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative software start-up environment.
- Assertive team player, ability to positively influence without direct authority to drive deliverables.
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black's Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, "Streaming Prevention," to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 13 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 3,600 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.