Senior SEO Manager at Handshake (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake seeks a savvy and experienced Senior SEO Manager to lead organic channel growth. You will partner closely with cross-functional leaders in marketing ops, web dev, content, comms, product, engineering - and more - towards the goal of aligning and collectively rallying all these teams to make significant and measurable impact to Handshake’s organic footprint. You will build, prioritize and manage our SEO roadmap - balancing short-term improvements and long-term strategic initiatives to ensure we’re continually improving and are having the right resourcing/trade-off conversations along the way. You are curious and look for opportunities to make step-change organic impact in non-traditional ways that play to Handshake’s strengths. You will drive SEO reporting, helping to surface the right views in a regular drumbeat alongside key insights - contextualizing the ever-changing organic landscape and the impact that proactive SEO can make.Your Role:
Lead SEO strategy and key cross-functional initiatives inclusive of technical SEO, content SEO, PR, and product
Contribute to Handshake’s overall content strategy, including blogs, user-generated content, editorial content, and content created in-product such as job postings and events
Contribute to Handshake’s overall marketing strategy, including digital, PR, brand advertising, and other areas that may affect SEO authority
Contribute to Handshake’s overall product strategy, helping us to identify new product areas that offer SEO opportunities
Contribute to CRO strategy, identifying opportunities for relevant conversion
Hold primary responsibility for localization and geo focused SEO rankings
Advise product, marketing, and executive leadership about SEO issues and opportunities, regularly communicating about progress and impact of program
You have been (or are currently in!) a SEO, growth or digital marketing role at a fast paced consumer, marketplace, or media company and have seen multiple stages of growth in your career
Experience with an in-house SEO operation or highly integrated agency relationship, working closely with marketing, product and engineering teams
Familiarity with user generated content, content aggregation, and SEO at scale
Left-brained / right-brained - you thrive equally with data and analytics as with creative problem solving and communicating strategy across multiple seniorities and technical / non-technical teams
You are hands-on and enjoy building, even if you are an experienced manager
Collaborative but also goal-oriented, you rally others around impact
Comfortable with SEO KPIs and consistent reporting
A constant learner, with deep knowledge of the SEO tech landscape and you keep your finger on the pulse of how it’s rapidly evolving
You get really excited thinking about the impact you’ll make combining your highly cultivated skillset with the impact Handshake is making democratizing access to opportunity and demystifying how talent find their ideal careers, regardless of experience or networks
- $124,875 - $185,000
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.About Us:
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 650,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. Earlier this year, we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and new valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally. So, whether you live on the coasts, the midwest, or overseas, chances are we have a hub near you offering the best of both worlds.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!What We Offer:
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Summer and Winter #ShakeBreak, two one-week periods of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.