Matillion is data transformation for cloud data warehouses. In addition to award-winning, highly rated products, we are proud to have highly rated employee reviews on Glassdoor.
Matillion is dual-headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado and we are expanding teams globally across all functions.
As a company, our core values drive our processes. We have a bias for action, we innovate and demand quality, we work with integrity, we are confident without arrogance, customer obsessed and care about our people and our communities. We are looking for people to join Matillion who share our integrity, drive and passion.
Matillion makes every business a data business. Our low-code data integration platform helps modern teams ingest, enrich and synchronize their data across a variety of cloud platforms. Leading companies like Slack, Cisco and Docusign trust Matillion to help them transform their operational data into useful information at Enterprise scale.
As Snowflake’s 2021 data integration partner of the year and a winner of Databricks’ 2021 ISV Innovation Award, our product strategy and engineering execution is continuously recognized as best in class by a rapidly growing ecosystem of technology partners. We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors and recently closed a $100M Series D in February 2021 with former investors of leading data companies Databricks, Informatica and Mulesoft.
Matillion is a company underpinned by strong culture and values that guide everything we do. We have a bias for action, innovate and demand quality, work with integrity, are confident without being arrogant, are customer-obsessed and care for our people and our communities.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK, and Denver, Colorado, and a rapidly expanding remote-first culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
We are now looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join #TeamGreen. This role can sit remotely anywhere in the US.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for creating compelling positioning and messaging for exciting new products in the Matillion portfolio. In addition, you will: develop and articulate customer value propositions, perform customer and product validation, lead cross-functional launch efforts, and define field enablement strategies that drive customer acquisition.
What you will be doing;
Product Messaging & Positioning
- Own the creation and updating of product level messaging and how new products fit within the overall Matillion portfolio
- Become subject matter expert on customer personas (buyer, user, influencer) and develop strategies for updating and communicating personas across the company
- Creating compelling content that clearly articulates product value mapping to key customer pain points
- Develop differentiation strategies to clearly distinguish our unique product approach against new and legacy industry competitors
Product GTM & Launch Strategies
- Plan and coordinate the launch of new products and features and manage the cross-functional implementation of this plan
- Develop sales enablement tools and collateral that support the selling process and reduce sales cycles
- Create/maintain awareness of competing offers in our market, and how we stack up
- Focus on execution, impact, and measurability – continually refactor efforts to improve
Voice of Customer
- Be the voice of the customer (VoC) and the market. Maintain a continual connection with customers and prospects through such vehicles as interviews, focus groups, and interaction with the press/analyst community
- Develop strategies and processes for communicating customer and market feedback with the Product team and other internal stakeholders
What we are looking for - Essential Functional Skills
- Experience in product marketing including (but not limited to) market sizing, market segmentation, customer persona definition, messaging/positioning development, competitive positioning, pricing, packaging, product launches, and market research
- Output orientation with ability to create high quality, customer-facing content including web content, presentation material, solution briefs, and sales enablement collateral
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to launch and coordinate high impact projects with minimal oversight
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment with a high degree of change
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience in product marketing or product management for B2B SaaS products
- Experience working in a data technology related field (data integration, data science, data warehousing, etc.)
- Experience working with AWS, Google, Microsoft or Snowflake products and support teams
- Experience developing enablement content for complex enterprise buying processes
- Pragmatic marketing certification a plus
- MBA preferred
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Proven ability to quickly understand complex issues and clearly communicate them to a variety of audiences in both business and technical orientations
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with sales, marketing and product teams
- Proven ability to think and work strategically, while driving rapid execution including personally contributing key deliverables
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 15 days PTO that increases to 25 after 12 months service
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Career development with monthly hackdays and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email [email protected]
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.