Senior Marketing Analyst
Scaled Agile, Inc., (SAI) (https://www.scaledagile.com) is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility. Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 350,000 trained professionals, SAI helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes. Based in Boulder, Colorado, SAI is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement. Through this program, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
As a member of our growing marketing team, this is a great opportunity to build Scaled Agile’s marketing analytics capabilities from the ground up. You have a vision for how to move the business forward using data and you know how to execute on that vision. You see the difference between data, information, knowledge and wisdom and understand when to use each. You get data strategy and have the hands-on knowledge to implement the systems, reports and dashboards that map to that strategy.
Overview of the position
This position will be responsible for setting the vision, strategy and roadmap for data and analytics within the marketing team, establishing a rigorous practice to evaluate marketing performance. Your work generates insights to improve the customer experience, uncover customer buying profiles, segment the demand funnel and surface strategic market insights to affect both marketing and enterprise decisions. You will work to develop innovative measurement approaches, such as predictive analytics, as well as develop marketing KPIs and a governance framework for managing marketing data.
What you’ll be doing:
• Evaluate our current analytics infrastructure, data sets, and workflows and make recommendations to advance its capabilities; implement your recommendations
• Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining to effectively translate analytical findings into the language of decision makers
• Manage the design, execution, and analysis of experiments proposed by our Marketing team
• Synthesize insights through the data captured by Scaled Agile, Google Analytics and other systems to develop actionable reports that will help us grow the business while increasing efficiency
• Present findings effectively supported by visual representations to see beyond the numbers and understand behavior of customers
• Proactively review information, identifying inconsistencies, trends and issues
• Develop automated, consistent, repeatable processes and standard formats for various stakeholders to access this data and derive actionable insights.
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
- A broad understanding of the latest analytics, data science, and technology trends
- Proven ability to leverage data, quantitative analysis and advanced analytics to deliver actionable insights, guide strategic decisions and directly drive business results
- A degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a data/marketing analytics or other quantitative role
- Examples of relevant experience include: Web analytics, funnel optimization, user segmentation, performance marketing, brand tracking, and multi-touch attribution modeling
- An ability to write very complex SQL queries. ETL experience a plus
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Domo, Tableau)
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) and familiarity with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, distributed environment
- Must have a “can do” attitude with an entrepreneurial mindset and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, unstructured environment where the need to innovate and execute fast is imperative for success
- Mental flexibility, including ability to dive deep into details of the data to ensure quality while understanding the big picture objectives of a given project
- Experience working with advanced decision automation aided by AI/machine learning
Where you’ll be working: This position is based in our corporate headquarters in NE Boulder
Why Scaled Agile?
We are a growing organization with a proven revenue model and a serious opportunity to be the global market leader in software and systems development knowledgeware.
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on Methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and creating real value. We're profitable, we're agile.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume, a web portfolio link and a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. We still read cover letters.