Senior Manager, Digital Marketing
Simple Energy is seeking an experienced, Senior Manager to lead Digital Marketing for our Utility Branded Marketplaces. This role will hold responsibility for the creation and dissemination of digital marketing content and strategies that will engage, inform and motivate our consumers to buy energy efficient products and take actions to use less energy.
If you’ve got the perfect mix of creative flair, subject matter expertise, and technical skills needed to produce leading-edge digital marketing campaigns that drive results, plus a passion for sustainability, teamwork and challenging work, this job may be for you!
Simple Energy is a fast-paced, Boulder-based startup. We graduated TechStars in 2011 and have continued growing and improving since. We are changing the world by helping people understand and reduce their energy consumption and are looking for a qualified team member to join us in our mission.
You will work as a member of our Agile marketing team to create, test and optimize targeted, personalized marketing collateral for a variety of paid and unpaid digital channels. You will primarily focus on social media, search, and shopping. You will also interact with the broader e-commerce business unit to ensure that the programs and strategies that you manage fit into the overall comprehensive growth strategy for our marketplaces.
Be part of building a great company with an awesome culture: intelligent, passionate, engaged coworkers; dog-friendly office; company outings; free snacks and drinks; and the opportunity to change how millions of people think!
- Proactively manage agency partners for search, shopping, and social
- Design, develop, and implement digital marketing programs that drive engagement with both new and existing customers
- Launch and scale digital campaigns with accountability for ROI and growth
- Participate in development of omni-channel marketing strategy and client-specific marketing plans for marketplace
- Partner with key manufacturer partners to highlight promotional periods and new product launches
- Collaborate with Utility Company partners to ensure that brand guidelines are adhered to and that Utility Company customers receive maximum value from their Marketplace experience
- Support A/B and multivariate testing of different content strategies
- Participate in and contribute to marketing strategy, planning and analysis
- Collaborate with internal team members from the Marketing, eComm, Delivery, Customer Support and Engineering squads on projects and issues
- Consistently and constantly optimize and improve campaign results
- Maintain and promote a top-notch user experience
- 5+ years of running digital marketing programs at scale ($MM budgets) with a focus on customer acquisition and conversion
- Deep familiarity with digital ad technology, tactics, and strategy (automation, bid management, funnel optimization, etc.)
- Experience working both with and without 3rd party agencies
- Omni-channel strategy experience (search, social, shopping, display, video, influencer, programmatic, etc.)
- Ability to translate business objectives into creative concepts, and creative concepts into outstanding execution
- Flexible and work well in a fast-paced startup environment
- You are a go-getter. You take responsibility and run with it
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work in an iterative environment, on and across teams
- Demonstrated sense of ownership and commitment to growth
Benefits every Simple Energy employee gets:
- Competitive salary
- An equity stake in Simple Energy
- Getting to live in one of the greatest places in the world – Boulder (we're a little biased)
- Health insurance coverage
- MacBook Air or MacBook Pro — You'll always have the tools you need to get the job done.
- Health reimbursement up to $500 for things like a gym membership, or a Ski Pass, ect.
- Rocky Mountain National Park Annual pass
- Boulder/Denver B-Cycle Annual membership
- Be part of building a great company with an awesome culture: intelligent, passionate, engaged coworkers; dog-friendly office; company outings; free snacks and drinks; and the opportunity to change how millions of people think about and act on saving energy.
Simple Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Simple Energy does not work with 3rd party recruiters.