Senior Internal Communications Manager at Boom Technologies, Inc
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
About the Team:
Our team is in search of an Internal Communications expert to - build and execute an internally focused communications strategy with the ultimate goal of delivering engaging communication experiences to team members at Boom. Your creative flare inspires a preference towards delivering visually rich, digital communication experiences to help employees connect to the company’s -mission, serve as advocates for the brand, and embrace the Boom’s values. You’ll participate in driving a highly informed team by leveraging creative and engaging approaches to make ideas and information easily accessible, consumable and memorable. While you lead with a creative spirit, you are equally oriented around driving complex projects in an organized and expeditious way. You believe that communication designed to inspire our employee audience should be as creative and compelling as anything that would be delivered to a customer. You are both the producer and director of the beautiful and highly engaging communication experiences that tell our internal story.
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute on a consistent and engaging internal communications strategy -
- Leverage your creative vision to ensure that company initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees in a manner consistent with the preferred voice/tone
- Make use of multiple delivery mediums (including visually rich, digital modes of delivery) to maximize engagement and calibre of messaging
- Determine the necessary internal knowledge management infrastructure and workflows required to support an employee intranet and other employee communications
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications channels (ie. internal resource sites, company all hands, email, internal social channels)
- Ensure internal messages are consistent and connected across all mediums and for different departments within the company
- Ensure internal messages are consistent and appropriately timed relative to external messaging
- Leverage internal communications as a vehicle to support positive and engaging team member experiences
What you’ll bring:
- 12+ years related experience within a rapidly scaling/evolving company
- Additional experience writing for a variety of different audiences, either personally or professionally, is highly desirable
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Exceptional public speaking skills and the personal presence to excel in delivering presentations to the team
- Well-honed interpersonal and relationship-building skills that facilitate strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Experience working directly with all levels of employee from front line to executive staff
- Experience leveraging creative approaches to tackling communication challenges in engaging ways
- Successful management of complex projects and executive level interaction
The Base Salary Range for this position is $132,000 -$155,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.