Senior Internal and Executive Communications Manager at CircleCI
We are looking for our first dedicated internal and executive comms pro to lead the strategy and direction of this program. This role sits in our corporate communications team next to PR and content marketing, with a tight working relationship with and resources from our People and Design teams, as well as executive leaders. Our team has energy, excitement, and camaraderie, and we’re looking for a leader who brings the same.
The right candidate is motivated by connecting individuals with a mission, infusing purpose throughout an organization, and bringing authenticity and impact to a workplace. We’re looking for someone experienced in starting and scaling internal communications programs, with deep expertise in coaching executives on both internal and external speaking opportunities.What you'll do:
- Drive the development and execution of internal communications strategies and tactics that highlight our values
- Serve as a partner to executives, our People team, and other stakeholders
- Develop internal communications infrastructure and processes to streamline and scale dissemination of information
- Manage all internal communications programming, such as our company Call Hands events
- Partner with PR to manage executive communications, including emails and speaking obligations
- Partner with our People team in driving employee engagement by focusing on experience at signature moments across the employee journey, from first candidate experience to last day worked
- Lead our community of practice around presentations, and serve as a resource and coach as needed/time allows for our executives and cross-functional leaders for internal and external audiences
- 8+ years communications experience in quickly growing, fast-paced organizations
- Ability to orchestrate messaging and positioning through owned, internal + external channels
- Superb attention to detail and project management skills
- Enthusiasm for problem-solving and drive to see projects and programs from inception to scale
- Exemplary presentation skills and mastery of the golden rules of slide creation
- Ability to coach C-suite executives on communication effectiveness and presentation skills
- A dedication to building and fostering cross-company relationships
- Experience managing executive communications programs
- The ability to match styles and tone based on executive and audience - the ultimate chameleon ghostwriting skills
- Exceptionally high EQ and ability to quickly take the temperature of a distributed audience and tailor comms to match
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.