The Sr. Director of Programmatic & Media will play an integral leadership role at Metric Theory leading the Programmatic & Media team. The P&M team helps to develop, and execute, media plans spanning both programmatic and direct partnerships. Within this team programmatic & media leads facilitate buying across ad various mediums (CTV, display, native, video & more). As Director you are responsible for serving as the client-facing and internal point of escalation for all P&M accounts. You will own staffing allocation, internal processes related to finance and revenue documentation, coordination across internal teams (AdOps, Analytics, Tech), and will identify strategic growth opportunities for the unit.
You will also help train and educate Channel Leads (Account Managers – Associate Directors) on how to position programmatic and direct media buys. You’ll review and fine tune content for cross sells and quarterly business reviews. You would be joining Metric Theory’s fastest growing team on the ground floor.
You have a variety of experiences in the Programmatic & Media space spanning various client types, DSP experience, and ad type understanding. You have experience leading an early-stage high growth team and a keen understanding of internal processes necessary to scale. You have a strong skill set in data analysis and quantitative analysis and can review media plans. You have an uncanny ability to prioritize workflow according to the team’s and the company's growing needs. You have experience hiring and growing a team, as well as investing in skills development for your people.
- Oversee the building of strategic media plans spanning multiple ad types with both programmatic and direct buying
- Drive thought leadership and provide direction to the broader Metric Theory team on developing digital awareness & acquisition strategies for internal cross sells and net new prospective clients.
- Act as a sponsor and point of escalation for key accounts running Programmatic or Media.
- Implement internal processes to improve workflow and efficiency across the P&M team and other internal groups.
- Help troubleshoot trafficking issues related to creative, publisher implementation & escalating to 3rd party vendors
- Manage team bandwidth, resource planning, and account allocations
- Provide subject matter expertise on executing programmatic and direct media campaigns across different platforms and publishers
- 8+ years of experience in media planning and programmatic display, native, video, CTV, and audio
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience working with at least two of the following: DCM, DV360, The Trade Desk, Amazon DSP, StackAdapt, Simplifi, or Quantcast
- Experience presenting programmatic and/or direct media performance and strategy in a client-facing scenario
- Very high attention to detail and ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information
- A general understanding of Search and Social digital media tactics
- Consideration for Sr. Director or VP title will be given to candidates with additional experience
Not a Must, but a Plus
- Hands on experience in Google Tag Manager & DoubleClick Campaign Manager
- An understanding of the leading Direct Media Publications and DSPs in the market
- A strong POV on how data deprecation will change the Programmatic & Media landscape
- Experience leading cross channel performance marketing efforts, or specifically leading accounts running Search & Social efforts alongside Programmatic & Media.
- Understanding of analytic platforms such as Google Analytics
Metric Theory is one of the fastest growing digital marketing agencies headquartered in the Bay Area, with offices across the country. Founded in 2012 as a team of six, MT has grown into a 200+ company and a respected competitor in our industry (see awards below). In January 2021, Metric Theory merged with Media.Monks in order to expand our services offering and increase our visibility in the advertising space. We are committed to empowering employees and promoting self-awareness, teamwork, empathy, and proactiveness throughout our organization.
Most Recent Notable Awards:
• Built In Best Places to Work in San Francisco, Denver and New York in 2021
• US Search Awards Agency of the Year in 2020
• Digiday Worklife Award for "Most Dedicated to Employee Growth" in 2020
• Search Engine Land Agency of The Year in 2019
• Digiday Worklife Award in 2019
• Adweek 100: Fastest Growing Agencies in 2019
• Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019
• Inc. Best Workplaces 2017, 2018 and 2019
• Denver Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2017-2021
• #7 in Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures 2018
Why We’re Frequently Ranked a Best Place to Work:
• Tireless focus on culture, values and inclusion that unites everyone around common goals and shared principles
• Openness to new ideas that affords employees the opportunity to make a difference on day 1
• Frequent 360-degree feedback that pushes everyone to get better together
• Universal eagerness to help each other without the expectation of anything in return
• Conscious focus on learning & professional development at all levels of the organization
• Unlimited paid time off, sick days, and 14 company-wide holidays including Christmas Eve & Christmas Day, New Years Eve & Day, Juneteenth, and International Women's Day (to name a few)
• Unlimited opportunity to work from home or in a fully remote work setting, we also have offices nationwide for a full time or hybrid work model
• Fully covered medical, dental & vision coverage for you and your family; family planning assistance; 16 weeks fully paid parental leave for both parents
• 401(k) company contribution; monthly wifi stipend; work from home stipend; pet insurance; Talkspace and Headspace memberships, and more!