Senior Director, Product Marketing at LogRhythm
The Senior Director / Director of Product Marketing is responsible for managing the life cycle for product and services offerings at LogRhythm. S/He is in charge of developing such related aspects as customer engagement, product-to-market fit, pricing, solution packaging, and competitive analysis. One of their main responsibilities include creating effective product marketing and partner enablement strategies that increase sales by articulating the solution value proposition. Another critical part of their role is the ability to translate highly technical capabilities into business benefits and to drive the creation of innovative marketing assets that will generate demand. This person will be pivotal to the success of our Sales organization and will support development of Sales enablement tools associated with LogRhythm’s offerings.
As a player-coach, this person will work collaboratively with marketing, executives, product, sales, and services management to ensure LogRhythm is well positioned in the market with a clear value proposition and differentiated offerings. This includes collaborating with other departments for solution packaging, pricing, and go to market strategies, as well as providing departments with user feedback that could be used in developing or upgrading current or future projects.
The Senior Director / Director of Product Marketing is proficient with feature differentiation practices and competitive analysis, and they conduct regular market research with customers and external partners. They must maintain excellent relationships with the customer base, industry analysts, key influencers, vendors, as well as with internal stakeholders.
A bachelor's degree and prior experience with the security industry is necessary for this role. Pragmatic Marketing certification a plus. The Senior Director / Director of Product Marketing should have strong logic skills that help them with business obstacles that prevent a successful product launch, as well as excellent communication skills. These managers should also have the ability to multitask, as well as communicate with product management, engineering, and marketing professionals. Additionally, s/he is a facilitator of team cohesion and efficiency.Key Responsibilities
- Develop and execute on the product marketing plan focused on LogRhythm’s primary buyers with a messaging framework, content plan, and product positioning. Obtain input from the strategy, marketing, and sales leadership on goals and activities to support new business growth and the retention of existing customers.
- Market intelligence – be the expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria. Identify market patterns and opportunities; consolidate industry trends and challenges into meaningful value-propositions.
- Competitive intelligence - Be the expert on our competition and how to position our product against them based on our differentiators. Analyze competitive market dynamics, understand and prioritize threats from competitors.
- Collaborate with product management to understand the roadmap, releases, and new product offerings and absorb that into the overall product marketing plan.
- Work with cross-functional teams to support product launches and create marketing assets including data sheets with business benefits, elevator pitches, customer presentations, use cases by persona, case studies, articles, whitepapers, webpages, etc.
- Help build sales enablement tools such as battlecards, pitch decks, etc. and support sales enablement training efforts to educate the team on the product story and go-to-market strategy. Become a trusted advisor, product expert and market expert to the sales team. Partner with sales leadership on sales playbooks including positioning, feature/benefits, marketecture.
- Support Communications, Public Relations, and Analyst Relations activities by providing input into relevant materials and helping to align content.
- Partner with Strategy, Marketing, and Sales to develop content for input into corporate and industry events including virtual and physical conferences, webinars, industry tradeshows, etc.
- Strategize, develop, and author thought leadership pieces to communicate value proposition, technological innovations, and product offerings. Collaborate with content writer(s) to assist with pieces requiring extensive writing.
- Champion company and technology at conferences and events
- Interview customers to understand customer needs, market dynamics, and competitive landscape to inform and influence future product development strategy
- Work with our Partners to develop co-marketing relationships and enablement materials to facilitate channel sales.
- 8+ years of experience in a high-tech B2B company product marketing role. Security industry experience for 3+ years.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or comparable education/experience
- Proven track record working with product management and sales teams on enablement strategies to increase understanding of solutions, articulation of value proposition, and provide solution expertise.
- Solid experience with building, launching, and managing go-to-market product launch frameworks
- Led competitive intelligence functions
- Comfortable speaking with and leading discussions with customers, partners, and vendors
- Nice to have: pragmatic marketing certified
- Results-focused and exhibit commitment to goals and consistently deliver results
- A team player who works effectively and cross-functionally with the marketing team, sales team, product management and leadership
- Enthusiastic - a fun and energetic contributor to a great culture
- An analytical thinker with the ability to digest complex information and provide key insights
- Customer-focused with a passionate for customer and prospect success at all times
- Data-driven to provide reporting metrics and launch updates to executives
- Detail-oriented and supremely well-organized
LogRhythm offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
· 401k plan
· Flexible time off
· Birthday Day off
The annual starting salary for this position is between 190-240k Annually depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
Bring your Whole Self to Work!
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. At LogRhythm, we know that diverse perspectives spark innovation, improve creativity, and position our team for success. Creating a culture where all are welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve their full potential is important to who we are today and in the future. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors.
- Gartner Leader in Security
- TB company
- Award-winning NexGen SIEM Platform