Senior Director of Product Marketing - Financial Services
The Senior Director of Product Marketing - Financial Services creates the go-to-market plan including market strategy, solution/product positioning, and sales/global services enablement to drive desired business outcomes. They are the central hub that manages product and solution launches across Sales, Global Services, Marketing and Product Management, just to name a few. By equipping themselves with critical knowledge of the market, detailed process knowledge of Accounting & Finance processes, market feedback and analysis, they act as a crucial driver as we identify and prioritize marketing opportunities, go-to-market strategy, product features, providing consulting and management support to the overall initiative.
What you will do:
- Strategy: Create and evangelize the overall go-to-market strategy for Workiva's approach within accounting and finance across our North America, EMEA & APAC Financial Services markets, specifically focusing on the broader regulated reporting market within Banking, Insurance & Investments, including both external and internal reporting sub processes.
- Thought Leadership: Create and evangelize key content including blogs, white papers, webinars, and other thought leadership assets to broaden Workiva's awareness and consideration in the marketplace.
- Product Marketing and Sales Consulting: Provide consulting and management support to marketing and sales areas, identifying emerging market opportunities.
- Product Management Consulting: Provide consulting and management support to product managers and development teams, including identifying and prioritizing product features based on customer and market analysis.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar area of study; MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years experience in financial reporting specifically focused in the areas of regulated reporting in the banking, insurance and investment markets.
- Enabled to build go-to-market approach and strategy within the financial reporting market.
- Ability to evangelize market, solution and product strategies throughout Marketing, Sales, Global Services.
- Ability to present comfortably to both small and large audiences, including executive teams at customer/prospect accounts and internally to Workiva
- Ability to work directly with customers and prospects
- Desire to collaborate with cross-functional leadership
- Product Management experience leading both direct and indirect reports is a plus
- Experience in SaaS industry is a plus
- Extraordinary listening, communication, and program management skills
- Passion for products and discovering new features to meet market needs
- Enjoy working with metrics and analytics that drive decision-making
- High comfort level working in a technology environment; experience in the technology sector
- Wdesk experience is a plus
Where You'll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
- Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page:https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/