Senior Director of Media Planning at SpotX (now part of Magnite)
advertising platform. Publishers use our technology to monetize their content across all screens
and formats including CTV, online video, display, and audio. The worlds leading agencies and
brands trust our platform to access brand-safe, high-quality ad inventory and execute billions of
advertising transactions each month. In April 2021, Magnite acquired SpotX to further enhance
our CTV business and better help our clients in this rapidly growing market. Anchored in sunny
Los Angeles, bustling New York City, mile high Denver, historic London, and down under in
Sydney, Magnite has offices across North America, EMEA, LATAM, and APAC.
Magnite is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Director to lead our Media Planning & Strategy team. As the lead of this team you will be responsible for creating and executing the global omnichannel strategy for Magnite’s Media Planning practice. In this role you will leverage your curiosity, experience, fresh thinking, and attention to detail to continually push the team to find new and unique ways to win business. Additionally, you continually look for opportunities to scale the way we operate through better tools, product innovation and testing.
What you will be doing:
- Defines strategy and execution for global media planning
- Works closely with Demand Facilitation leadership to understand the go to market strategy and how the media planning will collaborate to win more business.
- Works with internal SMEs to position product updates and procedures for all pre-sale activities
- Works directly with the Platform team and publisher clients to understand inventory and pricing strategies.
- Communicates to media owners about new buyside programs and opportunities.
- Works with client services and business intelligence leadership to establish requirements for annual rates cards and service level agreements.
- Constantly evaluating offering to ensure in-market competitiveness
- Ensure the team utilizes efficient and accurate workflows to deliver media recommendations aligned to client’s objectives and expected business outcomes.
- Proactively engages internal stakeholders to gauge team satisfaction to address any gaps in process/deliverables.
- Supervising, training and developing team members (team growth and learning agenda, managing workload, delegating responsibilities, and performance management)
- Thorough understanding of the sales pipeline data and proactively makes recommendations on how to optimize close rates.
- Stay up-to-speed on industry conversation and how Planning can adapt / capitalize on changes within the industry.
What we are looking for:
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee on-boarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Ensure your team has the right tools and resources to effectively execute. Escalate any gaps you see to senior management.
- Oversees the day to day management of the team which includes maintaining employee work schedules, managing assignments and deadlines, training, vacations and time off requests.
- Adept at injecting ideas, innovation and leading industry developments into planning assignments.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Resourceful in finding different approaches / tactics to solve business or operational goals.
- 8 to 10 years for relevant experience
- 3 to 5 years of management experience
- Agency or Ad Tech experience is preferred
- Thorough understanding of how agencies and brands allocate media budgets.
- Strong tactical background. Ability to quickly identify gaps in workflows and propose solutions to optimize.
- Strong ability to collaborate across multiple teams/departments.
- Detail oriented and proven ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Strong presentation skills (presenting to client and team training).
- Proficient in salesforce, power point, excel, tableau, and other media related software.
- The base compensation range for this role starts at $110k. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Perks/Benefits: Equity and Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pension and Retirement, Savings Plan in Several Countries, Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits for You and Your Family, Generous Time Off, Holiday Breaks and Summer Fridays, Family-Focused Leave Benefits, and Cell Phone Subsidy
- Invest in You: Performance Management, and Investment in Diversity Initiatives, Bonusly Peer-to-Peer Recognition Program, Turning Recognition into Tangible Perks and Magnite Swag, Community Service Events, Wellness Coach—Meditate and Recharge with an Unlimited User Account for You and a Plus One
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
We See the Big Picture
We Raise the Bar
We Empower Others
We Own the Results