Senior Decision Scientist - Marketing at Ibotta
Are you looking to play an integral role in building something bigger? Ibotta is seeking a Senior Decision Scientist - Marketing to join our analytics team and this opportunity will provide just that. The candidate will help the Marketing team make data-driven decisions to drive customers to the app, retain, and develop them.
As a Senior Decision Scientist, you will be responsible for using the latest developments in statistics, machine learning, and testing methodologies to understand the business in-depth, support and challenge strategic options, and build state-of-the-art tools to improve our marketing plans.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Work cross-functionally with the marketing team in analyzing customer segments and uncovering key, actionable insights about Ibotta users and behaviors
- Run statistical analysis and create predictive models based on past user purchases and behavior
- Develop algorithms and machine learning tools for user targeting and personalization
- Design, implement and measure controlled experiments to determine the impact of new approaches
- Understand and analyze business performance in detail, identify ideas for improvement, and communicate out actionable insights to key stakeholders
Here is what we are looking for:
- 4+ years of practical work experience in Analytics, preferably in a consumer-facing industry
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/mathematics/statistics/data science or equivalent experience preferred
- Proven expertise with data handling, processing, statistical and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively, provide thoughtful insights, and develop impactful automated reporting to management
- Experience with effective communication of analytical outputs to stakeholders, including development of data summaries, visualizations and other storytelling methods
- In-depth experience with SQL and experience using modern data analysis tools (such as R, python, Hive/Presto) required
- Ability to work collaboratively throughout the organization to drive towards common goals
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To see what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, Flexible Time Off and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.