Search Engine Marketing Manager
Join one of Inc 5000's fastest-growing companies as a SEM/Paid Media Manager. A top-rated Google Marketing Platform Partner, our client is your strategic partner for site-side analytics, campaign management, and advanced marketing science.
This middle-level position will include managing the client’s (90% of the time) and internal (10% SEM campaigns) across Google, Bing, and Yahoo and working closely with the Head of Media to head start and grow the SEM expertise. This will also eventually include building up the team reporting to you across our US and EU offices.
You should exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and showcase your proficiency in not only managing search to the best ROI possible, but “working out loud” and making sure that you keep all the internal and external stakeholders aware of what you are doing. You are curious and fully believe that knowledge discovery is one of your main purposes in life and excel at story telling with words and visualizations. Finally, you have the above-average intrapersonal skills and you are ready to become not only an awesome specialist, but an awesome manager who is able to obtain, retain and grow the top talent.
• 3+ years of managing search engine marketing, preferably in the agency environment, for the large B2B and B2C brands across various industries, but with the focus on eCommerce.
• Story telling with data in front of small and large audiences of project stakeholders.
• Proven ability to simplify complex concepts through analogy and/or story telling.
• Critical view on what you are doing with the goal of constant challenging yourself aiming to grow the results.
• Proficiency in managing SEM channels (Google, Bing, Yahoo) though the platforms directly and through the mngmt platforms (eg DoubleClick Search / Search Ads 360)
• Combination of strategical / planning skills and executional experience to be able to participate and lead all the stages of client involvement
• Agency-side experience
• Exposure to the sales process and ability to conduct sales-oriented audits
• Desire not to only manage search campaigns, but manage them using the cutting-edge procedures and tools
• Experience in working in collaboration with other digital marketing teams (email, display, paid social) so as not to manage search from the stand-alone perspective
• Experience with Google Analytics 360 for measurement