Public Relations Specialist
Position: Public Relations Specialist
Location: Broomfield, CO, Irvine, CA and/or San Mateo, CA
Why work for just any analytics company? At Alteryx Inc., we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx.
Alteryx is seeking a strategic, creative and self-motivated Public Relations Specialist to help amplify our mission that every business in the world can experience the thrill of solving with Alteryx. This role will support ongoing corporate public relations (PR) and brand strategy programs. The PR specialist will be experienced in press relations, thought leadership content and brand messaging with a successful track record of executing projects for technology companies. The ideal candidate is an excellent writer and can craft compelling content that will resonate with the press, customers, industry panellists and internal stakeholders.
The candidate must be able to understand the data analytics market and effectively communicate how the Alteryx Platform fuels remarkable business and social outcomes. The candidate has demonstrated success in program and project management, with experience securing speaking and award opportunities, creating prep materials and compiling coverage reports. The PR specialist must be detail-oriented and diligent in tracking activities and opportunities. This role will collaborate across internal teams, agency partners and the corporate marketing team to identify and secure thought leadership opportunities, craft robust and creative content, and amplify the company's brand through strategic external communications.
* Content Creation: Storytelling, writing, editing; craft compelling and on-brand content for media pitches, speaking and award opportunities.
* Media Relations: Assist in media outreach, create timely prep materials for press meetings and interviews and maintain media lists
* Monitoring: Monitor global coverage and other PR-related KPIs for weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting.
* Research: Vet speaking and award opportunities, evaluate press opportunities and monitor industry trends.
* Customers: Partner with customer advocacy, community and global communication teams to secure compelling customer stories.
* Project Management: Drive projects from conception to completion, demonstrate strong organization skills, manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
* Manage unexpected communication challenges with high judgment and professionalism.
* 2-4+ years in public relations, writing, media relations and/or external communications in the technology industry.
* Current experience executing public relations, media relations and thought leadership programs.
* Business-to-business technology media experience strongly preferred.
* Experience working across multiple teams and contributing to a global corporate communications strategy.
* Strong writing skills with deep understanding of spelling, AP Style and content structure; ability to deliver content free of grammar and spelling errors.
* Preferred degree in business, marketing communications, journalism or press relations.