Product Marketing Manager at Personal Capital
Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for executing, measuring, and optimizing email and in-product campaigns for existing Personal Capital users. The ultimate goal of these campaigns is to grow our wealth management business. Key initiatives include new sales starts, sales enablement and conversion, client retention, referrals, additions, and general product engagement. As part of the Product Marketing team, you’ll split your time roughly 50-50 between strategy and operations.
Your Strategic Responsibilities (50%)
- Messaging -- Help us decide which messages are the most important for the various segments of our user audience, and how to best communicate those messages.
- Campaign creation -- Should we send an email or a push notification? When? How often? What is success? You’ll help us put together and execute an ongoing campaign calendar.
- Content production -- Work with talented marketers, graphic designers, and copy-editors to create emails and other digital communications that support our campaigns.
- Advisory partnership -- Collaborate with our Sales and Service advisors to keep a pulse on what messages are working, and how we can better support their efforts.
Your Operational Responsibilities (50%)
- SalesForce Marketing Cloud -- Become a subject matter expert on our email marketing platform, working with business partners to create, send, track, and improve messages over time.
- Segmentation and list management -- Use analytics to segment users into appropriate audiences, and ensure we’re contacting the right people at the right times.
- Data and reporting -- Show us what’s working, what isn’t, and how you think we can do better! We believe in rigorous A/B testing and are always willing to try new things.
- Engineering partnership -- Work with our software engineers to put in-Product campaigns into action. You’ll need to take high-level ideas and translate them into detailed specifications.
Your Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of relevant work history in marketing or marketing operations
- Hands-on experience with marketing automation software (e.g. SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, Marketo, HubSpot, etc.).
- An interest in wealth management and financial technology (“FinTech”)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to bridge business requirements with technical specifications
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with data analysis and using data to make recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
- New ideas!
Please note that this role is being posted by Personal Capital, an Empower company. Personal Capital roles are cross-posted to the Empower web site and are also available at https://www.personalcapital.com/company/jobs. For more information about Personal Capital, please visit www.personalcapital.com
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range$ 105,200.00-173,600.00
LocationCA Redwood City
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.