Product Marketing Manager at IntelePeer
About the position
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team and help drive growth and adoption of our Media Services products, including voice services and UCaaS/CCaaS enablement. You’ll act as the voice of the customer, be a go-to expert on our products, market, and competitors, and plan and execute GTM activities. You’ll collaborate closely with Product Management, Sales, Software Development, and Marketing to establish positioning and messaging, build product adoption strategies, develop product collateral and thought leadership content, partner on sales enablement activities, and much more.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in product marketing for enterprise software companies. You’re a pro at taking complex ideas and translating them into compelling storytelling for diverse audiences. You’re able to become an expert on how our products work and clearly articulate the value in a way that resonates with developers and technical users. You are able to connect all the dots of market trends, competitive landscape, and customer insights to inform marketing campaigns, product roadmap, and strategic company initiatives. You can manage multiple projects, proactively communicate cross-functionally, and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
We provide a fast-paced, innovative, and casual environment that people love to work in, designed to broaden a candidate’s professional experiences while promoting self-confidence, accomplishment, and career development.
REPORTS TO: Director, Product Marketing
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of our market and targeted industries through research and analyst interactions, translate this knowledge into recommendations for marketing campaigns, product roadmap, sales strategies, and company initiatives.
- Represent the voice of the customer internally with Product Management, Software Development, and Marketing teams in the prioritization, design and development of products and experiences.
- Create and maintain awareness of competing offers in our markets, and how we stack up.
- Develop and maintain positioning, and product messaging.
- Create industry-specific thought leadership and product-focused materials aligned with the sales process and personas to help the market understand the potential impact our products can have on their business (i.e. blog posts, web copy, whitepapers, etc.)
- Communicate the vision and value of products to the sales team and develop sales tools that facilitate the sales process (i.e. internal training, datasheets, playbooks, slides).
- Plan and execute go-to-market strategies for product launches and releases.
- Partner with Product Management on user research activities, onboarding support, user growth and product adoption campaigns, and identifying new features to bring to market.
- Work with our customers and customer-facing teams to cultivate success stories that can be translated into customer-facing collateral.
- Analyze related metrics and provide recommendations for continuous improvements to strategy and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field
- Software industry knowledge preferred
Expertise & experience
- At least 3-4 years of experience in marketing for a B2B SaaS company, including 1-2 years in product marketing (experience in marketing to software developers and technical users preferred).
- Experience in telecom or voice technology software a plus.
- Demonstrated project management skills and program management experience
- A strong track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional relationships and a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional initiatives
- Team player
- Strong written and communication skills combined with strong quantitative analytical ability
- Experience with launching new products in emerging markets
- Understands buyer and user personas and creates laser-focused messaging and content for developers
- Understands the people-facing teams and how to train them on products and services
- Strategic acumen to ensure successful GTM launch, organizing key concepts into marketing campaigns
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and work under strict and changing deadlines
- Prioritizes and drives short term, long term, and immediate needs
- Proficient with MS Office, Webex Teams (or other internal collaboration software,) JIRA, Confluence, Camtasia (or other video creation software), Marketo (or other marketing automation software) and Microsoft OneDrive
- Effectively interacts with a wide range of personality types and working styles
- Works well independently with minimal supervision