Product Marketing Manager
Are you interested in joining a globally expanding team who is challenging the way people think about cloud data technology? Matillion is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for enabling our sales team to sell more effectively, marketing to our customer base, and communicating our message to the market.
Key Areas of Responsibility for the Product Marketing Manager
Clearly articulate our offer, its business value, how it answers customer pain points, and how it is unique and differentiated from competing offers through creation of top quality marketing content.
- Understand the customer journey and customer buying cycle.
- Develop personas to help with sales and marketing efforts.
- Develop sales enablement tools and collateral that support the selling process and shortens sales cycle times.
- Own creation of sales playbook to enable current and future internal sellers
- Develop and facilitate product and messaging trainings for global sales team
- Understand our customers, their challenges, and how they use Matillion products
- Develop our customer advocacy strategy including ownership of case studies, use cases, and customer advisory board creation.
- Own customer engagement strategy including customer up sell, retention and communication plans.
Plan and coordinate the launch of new products and features and manage the cross-functional implementation of this plan.
Create/maintain awareness of competing offers in our market, and how we stack up.
Subject Matter Expert
Be the expert on Matillion products. Own and drive the creation of new content and assets to help drive awareness, thought leadership, lead generation, and customer retention.
Live the Matillion values; reflects Matillion’s values through demonstrating positive behaviors.
Who We Are
Matillion is the leader in data transformation. We started as a BI business in Knutsford, a suburb near Manchester UK, in 2011. Our ability to give our customers an outstanding experience was limited by the technology available to us...so we built our own solution. Matillion ETL was born in 2014 to solve the business need of consolidating and transforming data. Modern business are generating more data than ever before, in a variety of source systems. The problem they face is consolidating data and transforming data points into insights and actionable decisions. Our products are purpose built for cloud data warehouses including Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery and Snowflake and are designed to help businesses of all sizes achieve new levels of speed, simplicity, scalability and savings. We completed a series B round of funding in early 2018 with Silicon Valley investors providing $20M. We are a rapidly growing global company with offices in New York, Denver, Seattle and Manchester (UK).
These are Matillion #TeamGreen values. They are the same across all roles, functions, and geographies in Matillion. If you join Matillion, as part of your induction, you will go through an exercise that looks in more detail at the values and how they relate to your own role day-to-day.
1. We are Confident without Arrogance: We take pride in what we do but we stay humble.
To us this means that individual egos are not part of Matillion and that we share our knowledge and experience in a transparent way. There is always more to know or to do so we never get complacent.
2. We work with Integrity: We have a strong moral compass; we are transparent, and we hold ourselves accountable.
To us this means that Matillion is no place work workplace politics and that we can trust each other to do the right thing and that the whole team has a voice.
3. We are Customer Obsessed: We will always go above and beyond to listen to, acknowledge and value our customers.
To us this means understanding our role from the view of the customer and knowing the difference you make.
4. We Innovate and Demand Quality: We believe no product, process or individual is finished.
To us this means that ideas can come from anywhere, any function, any level anywhere. We are focused and results driven and comfortable with change.
5. We have a Bias for Action: We get things done...in a considered way.
To us this means that we don’t want to micro manage, we have courage to take action when the business needs it or in line with our values.
6. We Care about our People and or Communities: We treat people how we would like to be treated.
To us this means that although Matillion is really important, you, your health and that of your family is so much more important. We want to show kindness, consideration and interest in our team and their aspirations and we will make a positive difference in the communities in which we work.
What do our customers say about us?
We are proud to serve diverse businesses ranging from born on the cloud start-ups to large enterprises, spanning a wide range of industries. We add new customers every day but we are currently used by 500+ businesses all over the world. You will recognise some of the businesses we support, including; GE, Siemens, and Citrix.
It is also the most highly rated app on the AWS Marketplace with a rating of 5 stars out of 5 - no small accomplishment!