Product Marketing Manager - Shipper Segment
We're looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join the Marketing team and work from either the Denver or Beaverton, OR office location. The ideal candidate has an excellent track record performing this role in B2B markets to manufacturer and retail targets.
The Product Marketing Manager is passionate about delivering great customer experiences for the DAT suite of software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for the logistics industry. This position drives the marketing strategy and plans to deliver on the business goals for our products and target segments. With a thorough understanding of the end-user, their business, and the context in which DAT can help them achieve their goals. The ideal candidate is an expert collaborator who contributes valuable market and customer insights to create great products and takes ownership for high impact messaging, product launches, and go-to-market plans and execution.The PMM serves as the customer and market champion, the voice and face to the market for the products and segments they are responsible for.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develops deep insights and knowledge of the market, customers, and competition
- Initiates, defines and manages market research studies in collaboration with internal and external market research professionals and the product team
- Gathers and assimilates end-user data from primary and secondary sources including field observations, interviews, customer feedback, and industry surveys
- Create the marketing strategy for target segments, products and services offered
- Drives the product positioning, messaging, branding/naming, and value proposition for the product.
- Develops market and customer experience requirements for the product and ensures requirements are being met at each stage of the product development lifecycle
- Works with the UX team to develop and execute a solid Customer experience strategy and execution for the customer journey
- Develop compelling product launch and go-to-market strategy and plan
- Develop and deliver training and collateral for customer facing staff
- Work with Marketing and Sales teams to develop demand generation and lead generation plans
- Working with the Corporate Communications Manager, ensure there are solid market communications plans, PR, and employee/customer communications in place
- Be the champion and expert at customer meetings to sell in products and plans
- Develop a clear offering and monetization model, and forecast for the products based on a thorough knowledge of supply chain seasonality and trends
- Ensure launch readiness with go-to-market by facilitating customer tests and trials
- Work through existing customer communications and develop upsell/cross-sell programs
- Put measures and KPI’s in place for key market analytics and business performance measures
- Sets up beta programs for new products and/or enhancements
- Initiates and participates in the development of all marketing, product releases, advertisements, sales promotions, and sales presentations that are designed to increase market share, marketplace volume and product profitability
- Supports global sales channels through joint sales calls/visits to key accounts; proposal/bid pricing and development assistance; and trade show support and conference calls
- Attends functions and conducts research of industry trends to provide management with projections and relevant, actionable market statistics
- Directs and implements the formation of pricing policies, billing format and procedures
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be an enthusiastic leader with a minimum of 10 years product marketing experience in software and/or marketplace/platform businesses. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The Product Marketing Manager has successfully led cross functional teams and is an expert collaborator. This role has no direct supervisory responsibilities but management experience is preferred.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
SaaS experience required. Marketplace/platform marketing desired. Supply chain/logistics industry experience a plus. Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review exist at this level.