Product Marketing Manager - MakeMusic at Peaksware
🔗 Website: https://www.makemusic.com/
📍 Location: Remote until June 2021
Peaksware/MakeMusic employees are working remotely from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will work with anyone hired during this period to accommodate remote onboarding to the best of our ability.
At MakeMusic, we’re building the reference ecosystem for music practice. We’re offering effective and engaging apps for creators, educators, and performers, and we’re powering it with world-leading music content from Alfred Music, our sister company, and many other publishing partners. More than a software company, MakeMusic is full of people and personalities who share a passion for music. Music is what we do. You will recognize us as Finale, SmartMusic, Garritan, and MusicXML.
For more than 25 years, Finale has been the industry standard in music notation software. SmartMusic is an award-winning interactive music software that provides a deliberate practice environment for students in band, orchestra, and choir. With a subscription to SmartMusic, students have unlimited access to the world’s largest library of interactive sheet music for all ages and skill levels, which includes thousands of pieces of music. Garritan is a world-leading provider of quality virtual software instruments for music creators. MusicXML is the open format for distributing and sharing digital sheet music.
As Product Marketing Manager, you are part of a cross-functional team responsible for strategic marketing initiatives for Peaksware’s Music Brands. This comprehensive role’s primary focus is to communicate the product’s value to the target market and includes daily interaction and collaboration with various teams across the organization.
You will work directly with the Product Manager and Content Marketing Team and in close collaboration with the Digital Marketing Team, amongst others. This position reports directly to the Director of Content Marketing.
As Product Marketing Manager, you will:
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates the ecosystem of products in the global marketplace.
- Translate complex technical processes into simple and consistent marketing concepts for diverse audiences, turning technical information into clear, easy to consume, high impact content.
- Understand the competitive landscape – be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned. Participation in customer research and interviews, as well as attendance to trade shows and clinics, may be required.
- Use creativity and copywriting expertise to develop compelling campaign content and messaging for all stages of the marketing and sales funnel.
- Lead and manage creation of product content, including assets for marketing websites and digital advertising.
- In conjunction with appropriate Product and Marketing Leads, plan the launch of new campaigns and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Review and direct designs for marketing collateral related to relevant campaigns.
- Based on data reporting from the Digital Marketing team, analyze and utilize data to help inform campaign decisions and improve acquisition, engagement, retention, and conversion.
- Support the Digital Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams with specific pieces of content as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Creativity: You enjoy looking at projects from different angles and problem-solving in creative ways
- Passion: You are passionate about crafting and delivering impactful digital marketing campaigns in a competitive SaaS environment
- Project management: You have exceptional organizational, project management, and communication skills and are able to complete projects on time and on budget
- Collaboration: Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse teams in a remote setting
- Writing: Must possess very strong writing, editing, and proofing skills, using proper English usage and writing constructs
- Travel: Ability to work extended hours and travel as necessary (around six times per year; please note this is COVID-dependent)
- Ability to lift and move boxes weighing 50 lbs+ on occasion
- Prior experience with Finale or similar software
- Prior experience as a musician or working within the music industry
Peaksware/MakeMusic is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $43,249 to $72,081. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus.
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company-paid Medical for employees with buy-up options
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional coverage options such as accident and critical illness insurance and hospital indemnity
- Company-paid Short Term Disability
- Company-paid Long Term Disability
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Employee-paid Supplemental Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and/or Child
- 401(K) Matching
- Pet Insurance
- Significant investment in resources for employee development and professional growth
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
- 9 paid holidays annually and unlimited Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Free TrainingPeaks, TrainHeroic, MakeMusic accounts, and Alfred Music product
- Access to on-site workout room, including locker rooms and showers
- Secure on-site bike storage
- Access to our on-site music studio
- Corporate discounts on select gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Access to nutritious snacks and devour hour, weekly subsidized lunch
Please contact [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to review our website or to apply online.
MakeMusic is part of the Peaksware portfolio of brands. Peaksware has been featured in BuiltInColorado’s Top 100 Companies list since 2017 and our brands have been recognized in Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” multiple years in a row. Peaksware has also been honored as a part of Mogul’s “Top 1,000 Companies for Millennial Women Worldwide”. We are proud of our company culture and of consistently being recognized, both locally and nationally, as a top workplace.