We’re looking for a strategic, growth-focused product marketer to help us tell the Gusto story, maximize customer value, and drive growth of our benefits product lines. You’ll partner with product managers, designers, engineers, and other cross-functional teams to bring our employee financial health products from zero to one, while growing our established health benefits business through new product introductions, open enrollment programs, and campaign optimization. You’ll combine product thinking, data analysis, segmentation, and positioning to deliver peace of mind to employees, and help small businesses across the country survive--in a time of pressing need.In everything you do, you’ll represent and champion the voice of the customer. You’ll empower a team of one to start and expand your scope as the product areas grow. If you are a strategic customer advocate with a product mindset and ambition to accelerate a company on a mission to serve and to grow, we’d love to hear from you! Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Understand the benefits needs of small business owners and their employees through surveys, painted door tests, interviews, and analysis of product usage data
- Develop and test product offerings that drive growth
- Create, test, and iterate on messaging that inspires and drives results throughout benefits funnels
- Influence the product roadmap by continually refining and synthesizing your understanding of the market and customers we serve
- Execute go-to-market campaigns to drive product adoption, growth, and retention
- Develop, model, and test pricing
- Drive the numbers: establish, set, and push metrics, constantly analyze program performance to find areas of optimization
About GustoOur customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
- You have 8+ years of work experience in a mix of B2B and B2C environments, 5+ in product marketing.
- An experienced marketer of disruptive products in a rapidly growing startup environment.
- Experience navigating regulated industries, healthcare, and/or financial services a plus.
- People management skills. Ability to set north star strategy, coach teams to goals, and attract top talent.
- A wildly curious and quantitative person who uses data to solve problems. Pricing and packaging experience a plus.
- A product mindset and track record earning the respect of product teams along with a roll-up your sleeves attitude.
- An influencer that can work well with various groups and levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing others’ work and coaching others’ presentations.
- BA/BS degree (master’s degree is a plus).
Read Full Job Description