At Flatfile, we believe that humans shouldn’t have to struggle to use the data that drives our work forwards. We create beautiful, human-centric experiences to remove the barriers between people and data. We’re automating every repetitive and painstaking process involved in teaching machines what data is and where it should go.
What do a grocery store, early stage e-commerce startup, and Fortune 500 insurance company all have in common? They are all Flatfile customers, for one.
Regardless of segment or geography, accessing usable data quickly is a baseline requirement for operating your business today. Flatfile serves as a crucial bridge between messy, 3rd party data and our customers’ systems. We call this data onboarding, and we view it as both a challenge and an opportunity to serve every company in the world.
Want to join us?
We're not just looking for someone to punch a clock. We crave your diverse perspective and your desire to solve the most unique challenges at the intersection of data and design.
About the role:
As a Product Marketer, your mandate is to effectively deliver our data onboarding solutions to market. You’ll serve as chief advocate for the value of new features and solutions, and help drive awareness and adoption. You’re the glue that holds together our go-to-market motion, and you’ll need to readily accept the challenge of educating a diverse, global customer base on how they can get the most out of Flatfile.
Practically speaking, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Defining the profiles of individuals who could benefit
- What are their roles?
- What do they care about?
- Who do they work with?
- Ushering new solutions to market
- Training the team on new features
- Ensuring documentation is created as appropriate
- Defining pricing and packaging for new products and features
- Coordinating launch dates and release details
- Defining messaging and positioning guidelines
- General positioning
- Industry and use-case specific positioning guidelines
- Gathering and integrating feedback into decision-making
- From customers: feature requests, ideas, challenges, beta programs
- From the market: prototyping, feedback, broad market data
Your success will be dependent on your enthusiasm for the problem space, ability to learn about the market quickly, and deft balancing of strategic and technical initiatives to drive customer adoption and purchase of Flatfile. You’ll work closely with Flatfile’s executive leadership and play a pivotal role in the growth of our business. And you’ll fail, but you’ll learn from your failures and teach others along the way.
- You have previous experience in Product Marketing, Product Operations, Program Management, or Product Management
- You have delivered B2B products to market in a high-growth startup environment
- You have entrepreneurial spirit combined with a track record for of positive results in ever-changing environments
- You can design and share processes to effectively ship solutions
- You can build scalable frameworks to research and develop value propositions, use cases, and customer profiles
- You can translate your insights into internal- and external-facing messaging that relay the value of Flatfile’s solutions
- You prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring the product to life.
Our goal is to be the best remote company in the world. We take this very seriously, and aim to treat every employee like a million dollar hire.
- We provide the best tools to do your work. Top of the line hardware.
- We look for great teammates (not just great individuals). We’re team-focused here: we want to be the type of place where you’re surrounded by the best people in your career, where we all make each other better.
- We offer 4 weeks mandatory vacation, and unlimited discretionary vacation.
- Our values are to serve human beings (through empathy and customer focus), lead the way (by thinking hard about what we do and how we do it), and escape from comfort.
- Practical and valuable experience at a rapidly growing startup
- Meaningful equity ownership
- Significant responsibility and exposure to executive-level decision makers
- Competitive salary and commission
- Full health, vision, and dental benefits
- Full 401k with company matching