Pre-Sales Architect - Marketing Automation at Adobe
As a Marketing Automation Presales Architect, you are the technical authority and thought-leader to our prospects in the sales cycle. You must be laser-focused on prospect challenges and needs from both a business and technical perspective. You must understand the big picture, but also live and breathe technical details. Your exceptional technical expertise should be matched by an equally impressive stage presence. Your primary objective is to prove why and how Adobe's Marketing Automation tools are uniquely suited to meet prospect’s needs. You must be or become an expert on the Adobe platform, including how it compares to competing solutions and how it fits into our customers sales and marketing environment. You will collaborate closely with Expert Solution Consultants and Account Executives to proactively understand and address prospect needs and concerns. Day-to-day activities include conducting technical discovery, leading solutions discussions and on-site workshops, building tailored proofs of concepts, and assisting with RFPs and security reviews. As a key cross-functional team player, you will work closely with counterparts in professional services and product management.
What you'll do
· Be able to identify and articulate the “art of the possible” when integrating complex architectural design into an existing equally complex architecture/business process.
· Be a foremost expert in Marketo API/Architecture, with the willingness to cross-train on some combination of Adobe I/0, Adobe Campaign, and/or Journey Orchestration with the Adobe Experience Platform.
· Proactively collaborate in a wide-ranging, fast-paced sales environment to identify and uncover customer business goals, needs and pains.
· Confidently demonstrate the Adobe value proposition through highly customized solution discussions, presentations, and workshops.
· Align Adobe’s solution with the other technical elements of our customer and prospects sales and marketing environments.
· Provide value-based technical insight, feedback and recommendations across a wide range of topics.
· Drive evolution of the Marketing Automation products from the front lines by maintaining a close dialogue with product management.
· Aid customer success by ensuring a thorough hand-off to post-sales teams.
· Support the entire presales team by sharing expertise and evangelizing customer-facing solution assets.
· Understand and stay current on the needs of digital marketers and the technical staff that support them.
What you'll need
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar STEM discipline.
· Deep technical and integration expertise in Marketo or a similar product such as Adobe Campaign, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, Pegasystems, Unica, etc.
· At least 5 years of experience in a similar or related customer-facing technical role, presales preferred.
· Experience providing solution recommendations to a broad range of customers
· Strong RDMS skills including design and execution.
· Strong development skills; expertise with at least one modern programming language such as Python or Java required.
· Skills in web technologies, integration platforms, and customer data platforms.
· Knowledge of Marketing and Sales solution is a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Highly dependable, proactive and positive.
· Dedication to the overall team.
· Ability to travel up to 40%
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.