PR Manager - North America at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Communications
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Our Public Relations and Social Media team is passionate about letting the world know about FIS and the innovations we are bringing to financial institutions and merchants around the world. You will be part of a small but dynamic global team that is using leading-edge communications tools and channels to promote FIS, our people and solutions.
What you will be doing
As PR manager for the U.S. and Canada, you will develop, manage and execute integrated, cross-business PR programs and activities in support of the company’s key growth priorities and initiatives in the region. You will work to build visibility and awareness of FIS, our key solutions and spokespeople within influential media targets in the region. Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute an integrated PR plan for the region.
- Manage external PR agencies
- Drive integrated campaigns and activities
- Proactively identify, recommend and execute key media opportunities and creative tactics
- Work with team members and agency partners to research and develop press releases, bylined articles, pitches and other materials
- Build relationships with top-tier media
What you bring:
- A passion for the news, the media and corporate storytelling.
- An established track record of delivering top-tier media placements for your past clients.
- A can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Ability to collaborate effectively with your team and other internal stakeholders on integrated plans.
- High levels of energy, enthusiasm and creativity.
- Ability to think strategically and develop impactful PR plans that reflect the priorities of the business/region and deliver results.
Added bonus if you have:
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- Experience as a journalist or broadcaster
- Deep contacts in the media space
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunities to work for highly successful Fortune 300 technology leader in a dynamic, growing industry
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and autonomy
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – we hope FIS is your final career step!
- Varied and challenging work to help you learn and grow
- Virtually unlimited career growth opportunities
- Location flexibility - this role can be based in a variety of locations within the US
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.