Oncology Marketing Lead at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Location: San Francisco, CA or REMOTE (USA)
Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic testing company driven by the mission to expand access to high-quality, comprehensive, low-cost genetic testing in order to lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes for billions of people.
To help realize our mission, we’re looking for an Oncology Marketing Lead to help establish Invitae as the genetics partner throughout the cancer care continuum. The ideal teammate has experience building, launching and/or transforming brands in oncology at any stage of their life cycle. You know how to navigate complex environments/customers to successfully meet their needs while achieving our goals.
You’re a marketing leader who knows how to turn insight into action to develop and tell compelling stories that connect with customers and drive behavior change. You’re deeply curious and love to problem solve. Rolling up your sleeves comes naturally - as does strategic thinking. You hold yourself accountable and are a successful leader of people and projects with a knack for flawlessly managing multiple initiatives and needs at the same time. You’re adept at working in a regulated environment and can understand and translate complex scientific information. And, probably most importantly, you have a passion for improving people’s lives.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute a commercial plan to drive adoption and expansion of Invitae oncology offerings and services among all key customers (oncologists, urologists, breast surgeons, pathologists, genetic counselors, nurses, patients, etc)
- Develop integrated pre-launch and launch plans for pipeline products
- Sharpen positioning, messaging and value proposition in partnership with cross-functional colleagues; including sales, communications, medical, product and legal
- Know our customers inside and out. Define audience segments and work in service of them.
- Bring together an integrated team (communications, advocacy, medical, product, etc.) to execute in support of shared objectives
- Define and maintain accountability for key performance indicators; monitor, track and adapt as needed
- Direct the overall customer experience (from first touchpoint to last) based on performance, learning, experience and research (where possible) in partnership with all internal stakeholders; while the actual work may not be your/your team’s responsibility, you represent the voice of the customer
- Bring to bear insights and customer needs that can be addressed through new products, data, services, etc; work in collaboration with teammates in sales, product, medical and other functions
- Monitor and apply understanding of the overall oncology and genetics landscape; identify areas for opportunities/threats, translate insights and look for ways to continuously grow
- Lead the oncology marketing team; actively collaborate across Marketing
- Maintain a deliberate, calm and thoughtful approach to everything you do while embracing a sense of urgency
- Direct agency partners, manage timelines and budget
What you bring:
- 15 years experience in marketing. Oncology experience is required.
- Proven growth track record
- Deep experience building and executing multichannel marketing plans targeting many customer types
- Curiosity, humility and interest in building something new
- Leadership and do-ership. You can write the plan. And execute it.
- Recognized team player. You know that it takes a village. And know how to rally the village.
- The ability to say: I don’t know but am excited to figure it out/try
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.