Media Marketing Manager - Sling
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
While a great number of our users are currently targeted with BAU tactics on a mobile device, it should come as no surprise that the % of impressions available to advertisers continues to shift to mobile. There are many new ways to target mobile users ranging from new ad networks focused on product categories (gaming, native apps, etc) while paired with additional and more convenient ways to pay (Apple Pay, Venmo, etc.). To remain competitive in the advertising space, we need to move a significant amount of both marketing dollars and technology to support this shift, and we’re behind. 2019 represents an aggressive test and learn period.
In addition to advertising on these mobile-centric platforms and utilizing their connected payment methods, this position also leads Sling Marketing’s ‘mobile-first’ initiative, or strategies that give mobile the priority it deserves. Too many times we design for desktop users given our corporate environment and then try to retrofit mobile into the process. Mobile heuristics require a unique design, flow and priority within the organization.
- Explore, evaluate and execute new ad platforms opportunities, targeting mobile-first networks
- Manage day to day marketing efforts connected to Facebook
- Recruit and maintain relationship with 3rd party agencies for execution of marketing tactics
- Recruit and maintain relationship with 3rd party agency for execution of SEO strategies
- Ensure tracking for all marketing efforts are tracked, monitored and reported to company best-practices
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years’ work experience (Sales or Marketing preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience making data driven decisions in a fast paced environment; self-motivated and able to establish strategy and tactics along with both BAU and new advertising platforms so they are a successful part of our activation efforts
- Must work cross functionally with the product, operations, IT, indirect and direct marketing teams; ability to operate with only high level guidance and present to executive levels of company
- Experience marketing consumer applications, subscriptions and/or ecommerce with major social networks
- Ability to influence device partners to allow them to support marketing efforts with limited to no additional expenses
- Creativity to come up with efficient and effective tactics that can drive activation