This is a technical content writing position in manufacturing, automobile parts, aftermarket parts, products and accessories. Product and or category experience in any of these segments and related ones is a must. This is not a creative writing position but rather one that is technical and requires product knowledge and very strong digital marketing capabilities. This is a role for a writer and editor who loves language and is fascinated by technology. Our ideal candidate takes ownership and has the innate ability to go the extra mile each time, is passionate, has grit and aptitude to build a new business.
Marketing Specialists assist sales and marketing management by helping to craft marketing materials and facilitating both internal and external communications. Read on to discover how these experts manage a company's message and develop materials to represent a company's products or services.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for creating copy for marketing campaigns, email marketing, collateral, internal communications, brands, website, social media and all pertinent touch points ensuring consistency across different channels in accordance with MDPPS’s style and tone of voice, supporting business strategy and brand awareness.
The marketing copywriter will also lead MDPPS’s written creative development, including strategy and campaign collaboration with our Sales, Marketing, and Technology teams. The ideal candidate has a love of digital marketing, copywriting, brand development, and is passionate about impacting sales and client experience through successful marketing programs. Ability to oversee all facets of email marketing and strategies not limited to design, content, grooming, and automations/drip setup.
Prior experience with SAAS, B2B, manufacturing, and or e-commerce is required.
- Craft creative copy for marketing campaigns and informational collateral pieces
- Coordinate and execute integrated communications strategy that includes brand marketing, internal communications, static web content, and business development support across traditional and digital channels
- Plan and develop compelling copy to support various mediums
- Work closely with the company’s sales, marketing, and technology teams; enabling them to meet their objectives through persuasively written creative and technical pieces
- Develop and deliver written communication strategies for the organization
- Write and edit consistent copy that aligns with the brand voice and personality, in addition to proofreading and editing various communications for grammar, spelling, and content accuracy.
- Think holistically about the content as an interconnected system
- Ensure consistency exists between product, services, and marketing.
- Write and edit content across channels, including internal announcements, intranet articles, internal communication newsletters, emails, talking points, fact sheets, presentations, press releases, infographics, video scripts, web copy, and more
- Executing and implementing email marketing strategy for our brands and clients.
You’ll collaborate with our clients and our internal teams to bring innovative email campaigns to life that are well composed, on-brand and meet client marketing objectives.
- Building email campaigns, testing and optimizing channels to hit internal KPI goals. You’ll also support the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive email style guide and component library for each brand and our clients’ email programs.
- You’ll be working with clients and team members to define growth strategies for email marketing programs and provide support on email platforms.
- Day to day management of email campaigns including but not limited to editing messages, leading design and copy reviews, structuring A/B testing, scheduling deliveries, and reporting on results.
- Ability to identify and develop new email opportunities to increase engagement and traffic, and customer lifetime value.
- Review metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and identify quick win performance enhancements.
- Create, maintain and circulate an email deployment calendar.
- MS or Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, advertising or related field
- 3+ years of advertising copywriting experience with preference on B2B, Digital Marketing, e-commerce or Manufacturing
- Technical content skills with ability to adapt and write technical pieces pertaining to parts and products, manufacturing, aftermarket, and automobile parts and accessories segments.
- Ability to quickly and accurately translate technical information into engaging content and campaigns for multiple audiences
- Up to speed with current and online marketing techniques and best practices
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Expert knowledge of marketing principles, written creative, brand development, and online content strategy and creation
- Exceptional creative, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proven success in brand management, external relations, and internal communications
- Track record of success creating compelling copy for email, banner ads, digital, and social media
- Experience with email marketing tools – Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Sendgrid or similar.
- Experience with html, web architecture, coding, CSS, HTML, etc.
- Understanding of email marketing operations, technology, testing techniques and platforms specifically building requirements for list segmentation, targeting, workflows and triggered events.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software including MS Office and social media platforms.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with a bias towards understanding customer behavior, customer lifecycle and cross channel relationships
- Ability to meet strict and aggressive deadlines and willingness to succeed in a fast-paced team environment
- Positive, can-do attitude; flexibility, adaptability, and business acumen