Marketing Operations Manager
Vendavo powers the shift to digital business for the world’s most demanding B2B companies, unlocking value, growing margin, and accelerating revenue. With the Vendavo Commercial Excellence platform, companies develop dynamic customer insights and optimal pricing strategies that maximize margin, boost sales effectiveness, and improve customer experience. With an annual margin improvement totaling more than $2.5 billion across companies in chemicals, distribution, high-tech, and manufacturing, Vendavo delivers cutting-edge analytics and deep industry expertise that help companies stay one step ahead. As we continue to change the way business gets done, we’re looking for energetic, experienced, and talented professionals to join our team. If you are driven to make a global impact, thrive in an innovative culture, and enjoy work on challenging and engaging projects, join our team at Vendavo!
The role of the Marketing Operations Manager is to focus on the strategy, design, execution, and continual optimization of Vendavo’s demand management processes and technology infrastructure, with the goal of increasing marketing’s contribution to revenue through campaign ROI analysis, optimization and infrastructure management, KPI tracking performance, optimizing and managing the Martech stack, developing and implementing marketing segmentation strategies, and improving the quality and accuracy of the marketing database.
The Marketing Operations Manager will also provide senior marketing management with frequent and ongoing analysis and reporting by actively monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on the status of key marketing initiatives, marketing program ROI, customer acquisition and retention and demand conversion.
- Manage and optimize the global marketing database with the goal of increasing accuracy and enrichment.
- Work with program marketing and sales operations to develop consistent processes to ensure campaign attribution is being reported correctly and accurately.
- Manage list imports, account tagging, opt-out oversite, GDPR compliance and provide other operational support as needed.
- Own the Total Addressable Market segmentation process and strategy through to account tagging in CRM and marketing automation systems and be able to measure TAM account engagement.
- Manage and analyze the global lead-to-opportunity process to achieve more efficient and effective qualified lead generation by utilizing various marketing technologies including Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics, and more.
- Analyze global marketing demand generation campaign ROI through metrics/dashboards to help increase marketing contribution to pipeline, with greater efficiency.
- Improve marketing qualification procedures including lead scoring, lead routing, sales follow up and routing.
- Generate weekly reports on key marketing KPI’s and conduct quarterly business reviews providing insights on the entire demand funnel while making recommendations for increasing pipeline, demand velocity, and improved sales and marketing coordination.
- Inform senior marketing management through report preparation, presentations, interpreting information and making recommendations.
- Document, manage, and develop key marketing processes and support the rest of the marketing team with process improvement, measurement, tracking and analytics relevant to their functional areas.
- Monitor campaign results across various channels including digital advertising, PR, social, direct mail, etc to ensure operational efficiencies are in place and seek ways to increase response rates.
- Improve and scale global technology Martech roadmap by evaluating and implementing tools and technology that will enable campaign and marketing process innovation, along with managing several technology vendor relationships and contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Information Systems, or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of marketing or sales operations experience in an agency or corporate environment. Mix of public/private experience with company revenues of $100m - $500m+ (B2B SaaS business experience desired but not required).
- 3-5+ years’ experience using Salesforce.com or related CRM system.
- 3-5 years’ experience using a marketing automation platform (Marketo preferred but not required).
- Salesforce Admin or Marketo certification highly desired but not required.
- Working knowledge of marketing KPIs and best practices.
- Advance Excel skills required with SQL expertise highly desired but not required
- In depth knowledge of Marketing or Sales Operations technologies, processes, and metrics.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally with all departments to ensure operational alignment.
- Excellent planning, execution, time management and project management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, the ability to think creatively and use sound judgment when making business decisions.
- Personal drive to continually grow and enhance skills and knowledge.