Marketing Manager at StackHawk
We believe that application security belongs in the hands of the engineers who write code. It should be automated within current workflows, simplifying the process of building secure software. Join us on our mission of developer-first application security.
StackHawk is hiring its first marketer and we’d love for it to be you. We are an ambitious application security startup with a great story to tell. We have tons of opportunities to get in front of developers and help them learn about how they can take application security into their own hands. We need a hungry marketer who will help carry the torch and carry this all forward. If you have a background in dev tools or DevOps products, this is the role for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Content Marketing. Work with StackHawk founders and engineers to create marketing content that drives customer engagement and acquisition. At this point, we are primarily focused on blogs, although this may take many shapes over time. You’ll contribute to building industry leading content (blogs, infographics, ebooks, and more), promoting and distributing that content, and ensuring that we are optimized for SEO. We are shifting security responsibilities to developers, so your content will share some revolutionary perspectives!
- Partner Campaigns. Work with other developer tools and DevOps companies on co-marketing campaigns, joint content, event activities, and more. This will include identifying opportunities, working with partners, and driving campaigns forward.
- Event Sponsorships. Identify and evaluate sponsorship opportunities for events (virtual for now, in-person as well whenever those return!). Build out booth experience, event promotion, and more to ensure that we capture attention and leads.
- Social Presence and Engagement. Build our social presence and methods for customer engagement. Tweet, share content, build videos, and come up with creative ways to engage.
- Positioning and Brand. Help shepherd our brand and market positioning. Make sure that our brand and positioning is consistent in our internal and external communications. Help refine and improve brand and positioning with customer feedback, market signals, and your own creative ideas!
- 3-5 years of relevant experience. If you think you’d be a good fit, let’s talk.
- Interest in and willingness to dive into software engineering, DevOps, and security. You need to be able to jump into technical products, empathize with a technical buyer, and get excited about the domain. Experience in these markets is a huge plus!
- B2B SaaS experience would be awesome. Curiosity and interest in B2B SaaS marketing is a must.
- Clear communication skills (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Startup DNA:
- Comfortable with change
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects
- Self starter
- Able to navigate ambiguity
- Ability to manage up and prioritize appropriately
- Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary and get an equity stake in the company that we are building together.
- Solid Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for employees and dependents. Other benefits include life insurance, AD&D, and 401K.
- Time to Recharge Encouraged: Take what you need vacation plus ten paid holidays! Unplug, recharge, and come back refreshed.
- Fun Team and Perks: We do great work and have fun doing it! Get a great at home equipment setup, a fun team to collaborate with, and other great perks.
- Place Where Your Work Matters and You Grow: As a seed stage company, your work shapes the product that we are building. Nothing beats arriving at work every day knowing that your work deeply matters, and there is no better opportunity to grow in your career.
StackHawk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
StackHawk, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) startup in Denver, CO, empowers engineers to easily identify and remediate security bugs at any stage of the CI/CD pipeline. With a strong founding team that has deep experience in security and DevOps, and some of the best venture investors in the business, StackHawk is on a mission to change application security. We are currently building the beta and looking for the right foundational team. Come join us!