The Marketing Manager at Sovrn is a role that requires a broad marketing and communications skill set. This person will leverage a variety of strategies, tools, and tactics—including automation, social marketing, lead generation, content marketing, SEO/SEM, and analytics—to support organizational goals. The ideal candidate is adept at technical marketing and comfortable with messaging.
- Utilize a mix of marketing and communications channels—including email, social, display, and search—to achieve marketing goals
- Build and manage marketing automation campaigns
- Develop lead generation strategies, and manage the tactics supporting them
- Develop and own publisher onboarding and nurturing programs
- Write and edit short-form copy, including email newsletters, social media posts, presentations, and blog posts
- Build and manage daily, weekly, and monthly marketing and campaign KPI reports
- Participate in the development and improvement of Sovrn.com, and manage conversion optimization and tracking on the site
- Produce marketing collateral and presentations
- Manage Sovrn’s presence at industry events, providing marketing support as needed.
- Perform market research, market segmentation, and competitive analysis
- Support SEO and SEM strategies for Sovrn websites
- Leverage Sovrn social channels for communications efforts, and ensure all social content maintains a consistent brand voice
- Be a single point of contact for assigned internal teams who require marketing support
- 5+ years of general marketing and communications experience
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience working on lead generation, sales marketing, or other ROI based campaigns
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with marketing automation platforms such as SharpSpring, Hubspot, Pardot, or Marketo
- Understanding of digital advertising. A deep understanding of programmatic advertising is a plus
- Competence in writing and editing short copy
- Strong analytical skills
- A strong understanding of SEO and SEM tools and techniques
- Display, social, and content marketing experience
- Understanding of web analytics. Google Analytics is a plus
Position Reports to: Senior Director, Marketing
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t