Marketing Manager, Vertical Strategy (Media, Entertainment & Commerce)
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Develops and executes the go-to-market strategy and marketing plans for the Media, Entertainment & Commerce verticals. Uses intermediate to advanced qualitative and quantitative research methods to perform segmentation, targeting, positioning, and recommend the marketing mix. Analyzes data, assesses market trends, conducts literature review, prepares reports, and makes essential business decisions that achieve strategic objectives of accelerating sales and revenue growth. Translates business needs into actionable sales and marketing programs. Leads the campaign production team to create and maintain marketing processes and materials that align to the vertical strategy. Demonstrates advanced subject matter expertise across the Media, Entertainment & Commerce verticals and, where applicable, its sub segments. Works with sales, product, customers, analyst relations and other internal stakeholders to deliver on organizational goals. Manages stakeholder communities through frequent communications, reporting, and ongoing assessment of business health.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, competition, and new opportunities.
- Support sales, marketing, and product stakeholders as a marketing subject matter expert through developing and executing go to market programs and sales enablement functions including; workshops, industry events, account planning, demand generation programs and messaging/collateral.
- Drive investment of marketing resources towards areas of highest priority, including research, tools, market segments, geographies, and marketing tactics.
- Identify areas of unaddressed market opportunity and propose innovative solutions to capture the opportunity.
- Produce self-directed segmentation, targeting, and positioning reports, assess and recommend segment to channel mapping and prioritization for target accounts.
- Responsible for producing valuable content for Zayo’s website, blog, magazine, social media and other channels.
- Engage with sales closely to ensure campaign adoption to generate leads and drive sales.
- Manage marketing budgets, track and report on campaign success and progression.
- BS/BA in business administration, marketing, communications or relevant field.
- 2-4 years of B2B marketing experience.
- Experience developing and executing GTM and STP strategies.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Data center or telecommunications industry experience a plus.
- Marketing experience within Media, Entertainment and/or Commerce/Retail a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.