Marketing Manager - Strategic Partnerships at Invitae
Marketing Manager - Strategic Partnerships
To help realize this mission we’re looking for a marketer to join our growing strategic partnerships marketing cluster. This role is responsible for helping to drive adoption and consistent utilization of genetic testing (with Invitae) for all who can benefit. As well as building the Invitae brand with biopharma, health systems, and other partners. The ideal teammate has healthcare marketing experience partnering cross-functionally and within marketing to develop and execute plans with clear objectives and metrics.
You know how to turn insight into action and connect with customers on their level. You’re deeply curious and love to problem solve. Rolling up your sleeves comes naturally - as does strategic thinking. You hold yourself accountable and love to collaborate. And, probably most importantly, you have a passion for improving people’s lives.
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute commercial approaches and initiatives in partnership with the cluster lead that drive awareness and understanding of the benefits of genetic testing to support utilization of partnership programs and offerings
- Develop, execute and measure marketing plan
- Build awareness of the Invitae brand among biopharma, health systems, and other partners; define approaches that drive awareness, engagement and partnership with Invitae
- Know the customer (including key influencers) and the market landscape inside and out. Define audience segments and work in service of them.
- Define and maintain accountability for key performance indicators, including but not limited to monthly business performance (volume), customer acquisition, relevant marketing metrics, etc.
- Sharpen positioning, messaging and value proposition in partnership with cross-functional teammates; develop core claims documents in partnership with medical and sales and manage pull-through/updating of materials
- Elevate our approach and story we’re telling these stakeholders. Develop marketing plan and materials to support business needs. Examples include but are not limited to: presentations (pitch, conference, webinar), core message documents, landing pages, paid ads (digital and print), events support
- Manage all associated reviews. This includes development of briefs, collaboration with creative services team, sales, medical, legal, product and agency partners as applicable. Responsible for reconciliation and pull-through of comments.
- Manage projects and budgets (as relevant). This includes completing work plans, engaging the relevant teammates in reviews (with ample notice), coordinating within and across clusters as well as with other cross-functional teams.
- Expert in Invitae product offerings and services (and future/roadmaps) and able to effectively position the appropriate product or service based on customer needs.
- Active and engaged member of the marketing team, collaborate and share with teammates in other clusters including business development and international.
- Effectively prioritize resource (internal vs. external), guide and direct agency and creative services teammates
What you bring:
- 8+ years experience in healthcare marketing; sales/account experience a plus
- B.A./B.S. degree required; advance degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience building and executing multichannel marketing plans
- Data-driven decision making based on qualitative & quantitative analysis
- Self-starter who can frame the problem, develop the solution, and execute on the plan
- Intellectual curiosity to figure out the why behind the answer
- Recognized team player. You know that it takes a village. And how to rally the village
- The ability to say: I don’t know but am excited to figure it out/try.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.