Marketing Manager Japan at PopSockets LLC
Marketing Manager Japan
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 165 millionth sold in 2019. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, click here. Or check out our awesome careers video here! Read more about our recent rebrand and updated packaging here.
The Role: Popsockets is looking for a hands-on and driven Marketing Manager Japan to lead the brand and manage all brand positioning, marketing, PR and online/e-commerce initiatives in Japan. Reporting to the Director of Marketing APAC region, who is based in Hong Kong, and report operationally to the GM in Tokyo, Japan, he/she will lead the development and implementation of marketing objectives, strategies, and tools that will increase the Popsockets brand awareness, and improve the marketing activation of the brand in Japan. We are searching for someone who is highly engaged, thinks outside of the box, with experiences or/and have knowledge in Digital Marketing notably in E-comm and popular social media platforms. NOTE: Candidate must be authorized to live and work in Japan.
- Working closely with the Japan GM and establishing close working relationships with the distributor and key retailers.
- Working closely with the PR agency to provide :
- corporate materials
- new product information
- press releases from Regional Marketing for reference and localization
- relevant products to seed to KOLs
- coordinating new seasonal product launches
- Managing all marketing and branding activities in Japan.
- Managing and overseeing the marketing budget for Japan, measuring results
- Prepare a monthly report on all online and offline marketing efforts in Japan
- Developing the marketing strategy for Japan in line with regional objectives.
- Coordinating marketing campaigns with sales activities on our Japanese website and with key offline retailers.
- Manage trade show or event with distributors
- Assist with the translation of English marketing materials into Japanese.
- Responsible for brand management and ensure brand consistency in Japan
- Assist in providing trade marketing to support sales in Japan
- Bachelor’s degree; a relevant Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- Previous experience as a Marketing manager with at least 2 years’ experience for a similar organisation would be a strong advantage.
- Fluent in Japanese and Business proficient in English is a must.
- Highly articulate individual with excellent written communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and short lead time to complete projects.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.