Marketing Manager - Cardiology, Neurology, Pediatrics at Invitae
Marketing Manager - Cardiology, Neurology, Pediatrics
Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic testing company driven by the mission to expand access to high-quality, comprehensive, low-cost genetic testing in order to lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes for billions of people.
To help realize this mission we’re looking for a clinician marketer to join our growing marketing cluster. This role is responsible for driving adoption and consistent utilization of genetic testing (with Invitae) for all who can benefit. The ideal teammate has experience targeting cardiologists, neurologists and/or pediatric specialists (and their teams).
You’re a rockstar marketer who knows how to turn insight into action and connect with customers on their level. You’re deeply curious and love to problem solve. Rolling up your sleeves comes naturally - as does strategic thinking. You hold yourself accountable and collaboration is your middle name. And, probably most importantly, you have a passion for improving people’s lives.
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute approaches and initiatives that drive awareness and understanding of the benefits of genetic testing and ultimately change standard of care so that genomics plays a critical role in the care of those suffering from cardiovascular, neurological and pediatric conditions
- Develop, execute and measure marketing plan
- Build awareness of the Invitae brand and define approaches that drive conversion (and ultimately loyalty) to Invitae
- Know the customer (including key influencers; e.g. nurse, etc) and the market landscape inside and out. Define audience segments and work in service of them.
- Define strategies and tactics based on customer insights as well as market and competitive developments (pivot as needed based on customer needs and/or market and/or competitive events).
- Define and maintain accountability for key performance indicators, including but not limited to monthly business performance (volume), customer acquisition, relevant marketing metrics, etc.
- Expert in salesforce, marketing cloud, tableau and other relevant tools; this includes development and publication of email journeys, list development and management, setting up reporting, tracking activity, etc. Work in collaboration with the channel and experience cluster.
- Expert in Invitae product offerings and services (and future/roadmaps) and able to effectively position the appropriate product or service based on customer needs.
- Develop concepts and promotional materials. Manage all associated reviews. This includes development of briefs, collaboration with the creative services team, sales, medical, legal, product and agency partners as applicable. Responsible for reconciliation and pull-through of comments.
- Sharpen positioning, messaging and value proposition in partnership with cross-functional teammates; develop core claims documents in partnership with medical and sales and manage pull-through/updating of materials
- Develop and maintain sales enablement materials; including pulling through updates as data evolve, retiring materials, etc.
- Manage projects and budgets (as relevant). This includes completing work plans, engaging the relevant teammates in reviews (with ample notice), coordinating within and across clusters as well as with other cross-functional teams.
- Active and engaged member of the marketing team, collaborate and share with teammates in other clusters including business development and international.
- Effectively prioritize resource (internal vs. external), guide and direct agency and creative services teammates
What you bring:
- 8+ year experience in marketing for cardiology, neurology and/or pediatrics; product or brand management experience a plus.
- B.A./B.S. degree required; advance degree preferred
- Proven growth track record.
- Demonstrated experience building and executing multichannel marketing plans
- Curiosity, humility and a knack for hard work
- Leadership and do-ership. You can write the plan. And execute it.
- Recognized team player. You know that it takes a village. And how to rally the village.
- The ability to say: I don’t know but am excited to figure it out/try.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.