Marketing Manager - B2B
Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic testing company driven by the mission to expand access to high-quality, comprehensive, low-cost genetic testing in order to lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes for billions of people.
To help realize our mission, we’re looking for a B2B product marketing manager to develop the marketing strategy and execution for our Real World Data (RWD) suite of products. This role will report to the Marketing Partnerships lead and you'll partner closely with the partnerships business development team, product team, and marketing team to drive the creation and optimization of the narrative that resonates with our target audience(s).
You’re deeply curious and love to problem solve. Rolling up your sleeves comes naturally - as does strategic thinking. You thrive leading in a fast-paced environment and get excited about tackling tough challenges in a highly mission-driven company. You value transparency, collaboration and are solution-focused. Most importantly, you have a passion for improving patients’ lives.
What you’ll do:
- Work with cross-functional teams to lead and execute marketing campaigns to support the RWD products at Invitae
- Drive positioning and value proposition development for RWD products
- Develop compelling narrative and product messaging that highlights our key benefits and differentiates our RWD products from competitors
- Lead the creation of BD collateral and case studies to enable BD teams to have successful engagements with strategic partners
- Collaborate with our internal agency to develop product marketing materials
- Co-Lead key conference / event planning and execution
- Gather competitive intelligence for RWD and contribute to commercial and product roadmap discussions based on competitive updates
- Initiate and lead market research to identify customer insights that captures the voice of the customers (VOC) and contributes to our evolving understanding of the marketplace
- Be an ambassador for our RWD products across different cross-functional teams at Invitae
What you bring:
- 6+ years of experience with pharma / biotech, healthcare consulting, or healthcare tech, ideally with a focus on B2B product marketing. Familiarity with real world data/evidence and data products a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, Masters, or PhD in life sciences, software, informatics, or related field a plus
- Experience turning complex clinical and/or technical concepts into clear communications
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive cross-functional initiatives
- Comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to drive alignment
- Curiosity, humility, and an interest in building something new
- Leadership and do-ership. You can write the plan and execute it.
- Recognized team player. You know that it takes a village. And know how to rally the village.
- The ability to say: I don’t know but am excited to figure it out/try!
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.