Marketing Director at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:19 a.m. (MST) on Sunday, February 7, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
At Boom Supersonic, our mission is to make the world dramatically more accessible through supersonic flight. We’re looking for a highly motivated marketing director to drive brand awareness and credibility and help build a new era of high-speed travel.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the marketing director will be responsible for leading and overseeing the strategy development, implementation and execution of the marketing plan with a small team of 1-2 direct reports. We are looking for a marketing director to lead campaign development, communication plans, and execution of tactics with a focus on digital, social, content and events. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in creating engaging content for a B2B audience, driving awareness and credibility across multiple channels, measuring results and optimizing performance. This position requires strategic thinking, creativity, collaboration cross-functionally to deliver marketing objectives, management of multiple projects at the same time, and high attention to detail.
- Build marketing plans and align with leadership and cross functional teams
- Develop marketing strategies and brand campaigns driving brand awareness and credibility with target B2B audiences, especially within investment and aviation industries
- Lead execution of marketing communication and media plans across channels including social media, email/newsletter, website, events etc.
- Partner and coordinate with the public relations team to ensure common messaging and a strategic approach
- Collaborate with our internal design team to develop materials including everything from creative concepts to email newsletters to large-scale events (XB-1 rollout)
- Understand the needs of target audiences to create a positive user experience across platforms
- Measure performance and identify opportunities to drive marketing effectiveness especially within digital and social channels
- Manage marketing budget
- 10+ years marketing experience with a proven track record of building brands, creating bold marketing strategies and targeting B2B audiences
- Deep experience in digital and content strategy and media (organic/paid social, website, email, syndication, etc.)
- Analytical skills to measure and optimize performance across digital and social channels (e.g. click stream analysis, usability analysis, content consumption break-outs, etc.)
- Strategic thinking skills and the ability to convey strategy effectively to colleagues and leadership
- Problem solver with bias for action
- Strong business understanding and ownership for driving business growth
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, pivot with changing dynamics and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication and editorial skills
- High quality bar and attention to detail
- B2B experience desired
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description