Marketing Director, B2B
Cooler Screens was founded on the core idea that consumers deserve a far better experience than what is available today in bricks-and-mortar retail. We call this concept “CX” and it guides all that we do. We have begun the CX journey by bringing what consumers love about shopping on-line to the frozen and refrigerated food aisle.
Cooler Screens is re-imagining the business of brick-and-mortar retail for retailers and brands. We are transforming retail cooler surfaces into IoT enabled screens that deliver new marketing opportunities and smart merchandising for the ultimate shopper experience. Cooler Screens is building the world’s first and largest in-store digital media and edge computing platform at the retail point-of-sale.
Cooler Screens is powered by proprietary innovation and a global network of industry-leading partners. Global technology, CPG, and retail leaders have partnered with Cooler Screens to be part of this important and rapidly growing industry initiative. We are backed and led by some of the most prominent Silicon Valley and Chicago leaders, advisers, and investors.
As the B2B Marketing Director, you are reporting to the VP of B2B Marketing of Cooler Screens. You will be responsible for developing the strategy, implementing and executing on multiple event, marketing and communications activities across the company.
You are an experienced, high-energy marketing leader that has the ability and flexibility to bring strategy, inspiration, innovation, and execution together to succeed in the role.
Who You Are:
- Experience working with digital media and agency companies
- Experience in technology and media industry marketing
- Experience leading B2B marketing of technology products and brands at different life stages (start up, scaling, established)
- A strong understanding and experience in consumer (CPG) and retail
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple key partner relationships with brands, retailers and technology providers
- Liaising with product team on product roadmap and consumer impact on products
- Planning, implementing, and executing on various marketing communications, including sales/marketing collateral, email/newsletter content, social media, award submissions and event marketing
- Experience enabling sales teams on developing and aligning on key value prop (B2B and Consumer) as well as corporate messaging
- Leader of event marketing strategy and execution
- Flexible entrepreneur who is comfortable with ambiguity and pressure of startup environment
- You are a mission-driven, results-oriented marketer with a passion for communicating to consumers, businesses and partners at scale, and a proven ability to bring a highly innovative approach to marketing research, messaging and positioning
- Skilled team player who can partner with cross-functional teams including sales, ad operations, and product management
- Contributor to new business development initiatives
What You Need to Succeed
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in digital media with demonstrated success of business growth
- Experience with the B2B marketing and sales of technology and digital media companies
- Experience in consumer and retail industry
- Experience managing and coordinating industry events
- Experience using various marketing platforms including web publishing and email automation
- Digitally native
- Manage and develop relationships with key agency partners to develop programs and content. Co-develop additional partnership opportunities
- Coordinate the activity of internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely implementation of marketing programs and plans
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrable ability to analyze and distill data (including market and user behavior) into actionable insights and relevant product features
- Be able to manage a ton of exciting work in a fast-paced environment with a make it happen attitude
- Outstanding partner and project management skills
For the right candidate, we have a competitive compensation and ownership package with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off, and many other perks. Come join our fast-growing team. You can be based in Chicago or possibly elsewhere.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, native origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.