Checkr is looking for the ultimate storyteller, idea crafter, and journey creator. The Marketing Content Manager will be responsible for bringing the Checkr mission, our go-to-market strategy, and our demand generation vision to life. Focusing on top of funnel messaging and short form content, this role will develop interesting, compelling, and influential content to support our sales and partner/channel teams. You will develop and execute content strategy spanning across the prospect to customer journey – supporting the experience from online research, learning, and exploration, to marketing nurture and promotional email messages, to closed-won business. In partnership with our digital marketing team, you will help to craft our SEO strategy and support our web optimization efforts. You will work with an agile team, with various business segments - having the ability to adjust your message/direction for varying audience needs or business objectives. This is a very exciting opportunity and one that will have an immediate and positive impact on what marketing can deliver to sales.
- Lead content creation efforts, both copywriting and design
- Write engaging content for placement on blogs, websites, paid media, landing pages, social media, and more.
- Collaborate with other departments to create innovative content ideas
- Actively participate in marketing campaign calls to understand how best to address various campaign needs through content to help ensure campaign success.
- Understand Checkr ICP, industry & target personas and the buyer’s journey in order to address various aspects of the journey through content - specifically top of funnel
- Develop content to drive traffic, engagement and customer retention
- Build & manage content calendar, always planning for future content initiatives
What you bring:
- Curiosity and excitement about writing on the following topics: DE&I, Fair Chance Hiring, Hiring ecosystems, and HR Technology.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, attention to detail, strong time-management and organizational skills is also required
- A passion for content and storytelling with exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business
- 5+ years experience in content marketing, PR, and/or digital marketing
- Skilled researcher (you take the time to analyze the direction of industry, what competitors are doing, what content performs best on what channels)
- SEO experience - knowing how to get content pages to rank for targeted keywords in search results
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $137,700-$162,000.